The Department of Administrative Services, Human Resources Enterprise is seeking to fill a Human Resources Technical Specialist in the Risk and Benefits Management area. Individual will serve as the primary contact for department Personnel Assistants for questions related to group insurance processing and enrollment. Provides support for professional level staff. Duties and responsibilities to include the following: |
· Review group insurance eligibility to verify accuracy of enrollment and the type of coverage in both the IowaBenefits insurance enrollment system and the HRIS, payroll system. Will investigate and resolve all discrepancies. Receive required documentation when necessary.
· Serve as the primary contact for personnel assistants and employees regarding the processing of group insurance changes and any complaints, concerns or inquiries regarding health and dental insurance benefit changes.
· Will communicate eligibility and COBRA notification and maintain COBRA tracking spreadsheet.
· Communicate and coordinate with health and dental insurance carrier customer service and membership staff to resolve problems and ensure timely and accurate processing.
· Will conduct post audit functions regarding numerous IowaBenefit and HRIS generated reports. Review and maintain reports, and correct errors as necessary in relevant system(s).
· Assist the Wellness Coordinator with programs and enrollment activities.
· Scan all group insurance documents into the online document maintenance system.
Experience equal to three years of full-time administrative support work, one year of which was in a human resources related program area .
For additional ways to qualify, please click on this link to view the job description and minimum qualifications.