Redstone College is looking for a HVAC Adjunct Faculty member.
Bachelor's Degree desired, but not required.
5 years HVAC field experience.
Formal training in the HVAC field.
The role of the Part-time Faculty is to effectively communicate with the students and help them achieve their educational goals. The instructor maximizes retention of students toward the completion of their programs and provides students by fostering a proper educational environment so that the students may derive the maximum benefits from the program for which they are enrolled.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach all assigned classes and hours as determined with class assignments.
- Plan for instructional activities to include, but not limited to, lecture, class discussion, demonstration labs, and projects. Course outlines and syllabi should be given to students at the beginning of each course setting objectives determining multiple teaching strategies and student activities and evaluation of student learning.
- Organize concepts to be taught in a logical and understandable sequence covering all objectives as outlined in the course syllabus and lesson guides.
- Handle classroom routines which includes but not limited to the following:
- Start and end class on time
- Provide a classroom environment conducive to learning
- Administer rules consistently and fairly
- Establishing and maintaining classroom control
- Return tests, labs and homework in a timely manner
- Use appropriate assessment tools shall be used that includes but are not limited to the following:
- Select, develop and use informal and formal techniques or instruments to measure student learning, modifying teaching strategies if needed.
- Submit and maintain accurate records of attendance, grades and Student Action Reports.
- Submit all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Identify and assess students who are in need of additional instruction to successfully complete the course objectives and provide additional instruction to those students outside of class hours, as needed.
- Maintain expertise and technical competence in applicable field of study. If credentialed or certified, maintain all certifications and satisfy all requirements of the professional development plan.
- Attend all meetings, ceremonies and official functions as specified by the program director or the Campus Academic Dean.
- Adhere to published company guidelines in all matters concerning dress code.
- Performs any other duties, as assigned.
State licensing and national accrediting criteria apply. Faculty with international credentials, are required to present an official U.S. degree evaluation by AACRAO or NACES recognized evaluation agency.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Appropriate technical certification
- Appropriate professional experience
- Teaching experience desired
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- 5 years HVAC field experience.
- Formal training in the HVAC field.
Our Company is committed to serving a diverse multicultural body of students in an atmosphere that promotes pride, respect and teamwork. To our campuses and campus communities, we commit to recruit an experienced and qualified faculty and staff who are reflective of the infinitely varied human talent available. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Redstone College - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard