GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world's first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global manufacturing and technology footprint. Launched in March 2009 through a partnership between AMD [NYSE: AMD] and the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC), GLOBALFOUNDRIES provides a unique combination of advanced technology, manufacturing excellence and global operations. With the integration of Chartered in January 2010, GLOBALFOUNDRIES significantly expanded its capacity and ability to provide best-in-class foundry services from mainstream to the leading edge.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is headquartered in Silicon Valley with manufacturing operations in Singapore, Dresden, and a new leading-edge fab under construction in Saratoga County, New York. These sites are supported by a global network of R&D, design enablement, and customer support in Singapore, China, Taiwan, Japan, the United States, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated technicians to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
· Operate facilities related equipment via a Facilities Control and Monitoring System.
· Perform preventative maintenance and calibrations on various facilities related equipment including Acid Scrubbers, VOC abatement units, process cooling water systems, chillers and chilled water
support equipment and various air systems
· Troubleshoot and repair facility HVAC related equipment
· Assist in the creation of operations and maintenance specifications
· Mentor and coach junior technicians
· Support complex trouble-shooting of processing equipment and HVAC equipment failures
· Partner with other Senior Technicians and Management in identifying training requirements and
safety procedures in assigned specialty areas
· Partner with Engineering, Staff technicians and other specialty technicians on various facilities
· Participation on the facilities Emergency Response Team may be required
· Perform additional duties as assigned and assist other specialty areas as required
· Education and experience requirements include any one of the options listed below. (Relevant
facilities experience is defined as a facilities technician in a manufacturing environment with major
emphasis in HVAC equipment and operations.)
o 2 Year Technical Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semi-Conductor
operations or a related discipline with a minimum of 15 years relevant facilities experience.
o Equivalent military training / experience with a minimum of 15 years relevant facilities
o Certification from an accredited trade school with a minimum of 15 years relevant facilities
o High school diploma with a minimum of 20 years relevant facilities experience.
· Ability to read and understand blueprints, manuals and operations specifications.
· Fluent in English Language – written & verbal
· Able to work in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor protocol/requirements
· Demonstrated ability to operate computer programs including Microsoft Office and SAP
Ability to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12 hour shift (excluding breaks)
· Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required
· Demonstrated work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities.
· Strong team player with ability to work well within a global team.
· Demonstrated mechanical abilities with experience in maintenance and operation of equipment
· Able to lift, pull, and/or carry a minimum of 50 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift
· Able to perform activities that include climbing vertical ladders, bending at waist, stooping, kneeling,
crouching, reaching, and crawling.
· Preventative maintenance software and automated building control systems knowledge i.e. FMCS a
· Familiarity with Lean processes & activities and Kaizen teams
· Experience operating facilities support systems using a Facilities Maintenance and Control System
· Minimum of 2 years direct experience working in semi-conductor manufacturing or in semi-conductor
· Able to wear upgraded PPE in accordance with Emergency Response Protocols and OSHA
standards as a participating member of the Emergency Response Team (ERT) and become
ERT/First Aid/CPR qualified.
· Preference given to candidates with 2 year Associates Degree over equivalent levels of experience