Perform skilled level work on ammonia industrial refrigeration system, which includes preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all system components. This position also performs building and building equipment repair.
Essential Job Functions and Ability to:
• Ability to use hand tools, power tools and equipment as necessary to perform various refrigeration and building repairs. This also includes use of volt and ohm meters, scissor lifts and boom lifts.
• Must have knowledge of the principles and practices of ammonia refrigeration systems and ability to maintain, troubleshoot and repair all components of refrigeration system. Equipment includes Frick screw compressors, liquid ammonia pumps, water pumps, evaporators, condensers, valve groups, piping and others.
• Job requires general electrical knowledge and ability to understand troubleshoot and repair electrical controls.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, floor plans and wiring diagrams.
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair Allen Bradley PLC controls.
• Knowledge and ability to safely work with anhydrous ammonia.
• Perform building repairs which include dock doors, hydraulic dock levelers, warehouse lighting and other general building repairs.
• Knowledge of Process Safety Management.
• Schedule and manage work performed by outside contractors.
• Must be a self starter and able to adapt to the company’s procedures.
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Perform other job related duties as assigned.
• Respond to after-hours emergency calls as needed.
• Minimum 5 years experience working with industrial ammonia refrigeration.
• Texas driver’s license and a driving record to satisfy company requirements are required.
• Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC helpful.
Education Development Requirements:
High School education or the equivalent (GED)
Physical Requirements or Working Conditions:
Type of Activity Description/ Extent of Activity
Overhead lifting Common: Performing normal construction work
Waist level lifting Common: Performing normal construction work
Floor level lifting Common: Performing normal construction work
Standing Common: Performing normal construction work
Climbing Common: Use of ladders and Stairs
Balancing Common to active bending, lifting and walking.
Stooping Common: Performing normal construction work
Kneeling Common: Performing normal construction work
Twisting Common: Performing normal construction work
Finger Dexterity Common: Performing normal construction work
Handling Common: Performing normal construction work
Grasping/Gripping Common: Performing normal construction work
Feeling Common: Performing normal construction work
Talking Constant and continual; Able to communicate on two-way radio.
Hearing Constant and continual / Able to communicate on two-way radio.
Vision Must be able to distinguish different colored wires.
Environmental Work Conditions
Weather Exposure Some within the scope of this company or job requirement
Extreme Cold Exposure Yes: when working in refrigerated warehouse and outdoors
Extreme Heat Exposure Yes: when working in warehouse and outdoors
Wet/Humid Exposure Yes: possible outdoor work
Noise Exposure Yes; within OSHA generally accepted tolerance levels.
Vibration None within the scope of this company or job requirement
Exposure to Hazards
Moving Mechanical Parts Common: working with various pieces equipment.
Electric Shock Possible:
High Places Common: Use of ladders, man lifts, bucket truck and on roofs.
Radiant Energy None within the scope of this company or job requirement
Explosives None within the scope of this company or job requirement
Atmospheric Conditions Yes: outdoors and in refrigerated warehouse.
Chemicals Possible: Anhydrous Ammonia and common chemicals found on
The Grocers Supply Co., Inc. - 9 months ago