Employee will perform skilled maintenance, cleaning, installation, repair, and troubleshooting work involving HVAC systems. Mechanical work may be performed in a number of areas including heating, ventilation, and air conditioning, as well as others.
• Installs new units or replacement parts for existing units
• Monitors and inspects heating and cooling systems to ensure continued proper operation.
• Locates, picks up, and delivers parts required for department needs.
• Checks and changes air filters on a regular basis.
• Assesses drain problems and performs any needed repairs.
• Installs and connects water and drain pipes.
• Determines amount of airflow required to keep carbon dioxide at a safe level; ensures this level is maintained.
• Requisitions material and supplies from stock, calls vendors to discuss needs for parts and supplies, and recommends purchases and suppliers.
• Reads complex blueprints, piping, sketches, schematics and wiring diagrams.
• Performs brazing, soldering, pipefitting, welding and fabrication.
III. Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
The candidate must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
• Installation, repair, and maintenance of all types of HVAC systems, equipment and components.
• Ability to troubleshoot electrical circuits associated with HVAC equipment.
• Ability to use all gauges associated with all refrigerants.
• Recover refrigerant and complete all necessary paperwork.
• Skill in both verbal and written communication.
• Relevant building codes and regulations.
• Policies and procedures within installation and maintenance.
The candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
• Average computer skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products.
• Ability to work cooperatively with other trades and departments
• Team building skills.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Effective verbal presentation.
• Listening and communication skills.
• Effective written communication skills.
• Must have a track record of independent quality work.
• Must demonstrate initiative and good productivity.
• Demonstrate the ability to make sound decisions.
• Requires a working knowledge and understanding of OSHA safety requirements for the work being performed.
• Ability to work from discussions, directions, and drawings to conceptualize and construct complete assemblies and systems.
The candidate must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
• Demonstrate sound work ethics
• Be honest and trustworthy
• Be respectful
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Be flexible
• High School diploma or GED
• Universal Refrigerant License
• At least 1 year of HVAC mechanical experience.
• OR, Completion of a federally approved technical training program in HVAC repair and maintenance
Georgia Aquarium - 20 months ago