Allied Building Services, a progressive and growing Building Maintenance and construction company, is looking for several HVAC Technicians for the Detroit Metro and Kalamazoo areas. A minimum of 1-2 years of experience is preferred. The HVAC Technicians will work on commercial, retail and light industrial sites throughout southeast and southwest Michigan. Some jobs will require periodic out of town travel.
- Provides service to the customer base by repairing and overhauling equipment such as compressors, water pumps, air handlers, electrical and mechanical control devices in a safe and timely manner.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical, mechanical components and determine cause of faults.
- Determines parts to order for repairs and timeliness of need.
- Provides general repair work on refrigeration, heating and ventilation equipment, such as air conditioning units, evaporative condensers, ice machine equipment, water pumps, gas furnaces, compressors and electric motors in a safe and timely manner.
- Provides preventative maintenance activities for customers by diagnosing equipment malfunction and any operating deficiency of the mechanical equipment to ensure quality work performance for the customer base.
- Perform all needed component level repairs to equipment. Remove and replace any needed parts including ignition components and wiring, heat exchangers, compressors, electric motors, etc.
- Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement and modifications as needed or requested by the customer.
- Communicates with customers upon arrival and before leaving work site to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Documents work by completing paperwork on each job and maintaining files.
- To serve for stand by duty for emergency service on a rotational basis.
- Flexibility to work overtime, weekends and occasional overnight travel.
- Other duties as necessary which may include assisting other trades.
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds, up to multiple times per day.
- Able to set up and properly use extension and step ladders.
- Must be comfortable working at heights.
- Must be willing to work in inclement weather.
This is a full time position and comes with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision savings plan, prescription, FSA, 401k with company match and more! Rate of pay will be based on level of experience.
- Minimum of one year experience is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Refrigerant Certification (level II or higher).
- Must possess necessary hand tools.
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
Candidates ready to work hard and start their new career should apply directly at www.teamallied.com/job-openings.
Allied Building Service and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and will consider all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion or national origin.