***MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN OUR IRVING, TX LOCATION***
Radio transceiver designer participating in development of cellular base station transmitters and receivers.
Main Responsibility Area
Provide technical design leadership in one or more of the following areas: Transmitters, Receivers, Power Amplifiers, RF Synthesizers, Signal processing algorithms, Digital PreDistortion. Will also be required to understand full unit designs and troubleshoot and solve complex unit- and system-level problems.
Candidate must have the ability to define hardware requirements based on system performance and reliability specifications. Daily tasks will include signal processing alogorithm design and development, circuit design, simulation, prototyping and testing. Candidate must also be adept in technical writing and documentation tasks. Candidate will also be required to support related project RF design activities by participating in design reviews, technical information exchange sessions. Candidate may be required to work in close cooperation with subcontractors for related product development.
BSEE or MS in Electrical Engineering or Physics with coursework in RF or Microwave technology
Personal Attributes: Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Previous industrial experience preferred
- Knowledgable in RF Circuit Design and Signal processing tehniquies
- Excellent theoretical and practical understanding of RF Engineering and general principles, including digital modulation and demodulation.
- Adept in development of RF performance specifications and test methodology
- Experienced in RF circuit analysis and signal processing algortihms, and use of common RF simulation tools (HP ADS, APLAC preferred)
- Proven track record - previous involvement in successful product development programs is a definite plus
Technical leadership potential is a plus
Should be a good planner and organizer
Adept Problem Solver
Some International travelling will be required.
Business Unit Description: BTS R&D - Responsible for product development of macro-cellular Base Transceiver Stations, including all modules and sub-assemblies for LTE, WCDMA and GSM/Edge.
Nokia Siemens Networks - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Nokia Siemens Networks is a European company, provider of data networking and telecommunications equipment. It is a joint venture between...