Job Title: Habitat Enhancement Internship
Job ID: 03441
Division : Business Integration
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: AIT or Intern
The Habitat Enhancement Internship helps American Family Insurance balance between economic development and responsible resource protection. The internship is committed to managing unused land in an ecologically sensitive manner. Researching existing habitat and wildlife, implementing habitat enhancement strategies, and promoting employee and community involvement are the three main goals of the internship. The intern will support the current momentum of our corporate sustainability efforts.
Working in an internship position under the direction of a senior level employee, completes projects or tasks that support the business area goals and results. Performs tasks by adapting to new or changing situations in a team environment. Gathers information, plans and organizes work efficiently and effectively. Applies and learns technical skills appropriate to the specific job assignment.
- Supports Division's Business Goals/Results (20%)
- Begins to develop an understanding of American Family's business environments, corporate culture and structure to support work initiatives.
- Maintains work efficiency and responds positively to a changing environment.
- Is open to and supports new ideas, systems and procedures. Generates creative ideas and actions in response to changing situations.
- Promptly adjusts strategies or tactics in situations where the current approaches are ineffective.
- Information Gathering (20%)
- Demonstrates ability to gather appropriate information. Efficiently identifies sources of information for a wide variety of problems or needs.
- Seeks help when information is difficult to obtain. Seeks out knowledgeable people to obtain information or clarify a problem.
- Probes skillfully to get both information and its context. Uses skillful questioning to draw out implied and indirect information.
- Planning & Organizing (20%)
- Plans, prioritizes, and organizes tasks.
- Schedules time appropriately to accomplish objectives. Stays focused and avoids distractions.
- Breaks down projects into component tasks.
- Identifies and uses appropriate resources.
- Completes projects and tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Teamwork (20%)
- Cooperates with other team members and builds a spirit of unity within the team.
- Fulfills commitments to other team members. Informs team members of important or relevant information for team success.
- Initiates activities and actively participates in the decision making process to achieve goals.
- Recognizes the efforts of other team members and values individual differences.
- Technical Expertise (20%)
- Demonstrates a depth of judgment, knowledge and technical skill important for the position.
- Applies knowledge of basic techniques and concepts.
- Uses good judgment to handle basic issues and problems.
- Acquires and applies new skills as necessary.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Information Gathering
- Planning & Organizing
- Technical Expertise
- Must be in pursuit of a master's, bachelor's or associate degree or certificate program that is related to the internship.
Please review the job requirements.
- This position requires the ability to work in loud noise (examples: metal can manufacturing department, large earth-moving equipment).
- This position requires the ability to work in very loud noise (examples: jack hammer work, front row at a rock concert).
American Family Insurance - 2 years ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...