Voxer has grown massively in just a few months. We are now the fastest growing voice application in the world and we need your help to keep growing. We are solving really hard problems at massive scale with Node.js, Riak, Redis and run on Joyent Cloud. |
We are generating a lot of data in the process - more than 25 billion events every day. Hidden inside this mountain of data are crucial insights into how to make our users happier, make our service better, and keep our operating costs down. The thing is, taming this data beast is hard, and not everybody has the right mindset to do the job.
We just jumped into the Hadoop ecosystem and are running our own cluster which processes terabytes of data. If you love working on these kinds of problems, get in touch and maybe we can figure them out together.
You°ll get to work on:
Some of the things we look for are:
- Be one of the first people on our data team.
- Your analysis will be one of the main inputs to our product development roadmap.
- Open source...
- Work in cross-functional teams....
- Help scale and develop our Hadoop cluster.
- Understand the patterns of groups, billions of messages with location data and social graph patterns.
- Help us better visualize core growth and engagement drivers.
- Write code that touches millions of users every day.
If you have a Github account - please submit it with your application.
- Some formal education in Computer Science or equivalent, but the exact degree or number of years of professional experience you have isn°t as important as your enthusiasm and ability.
- If half of your resume talk about animal-named systems you°re probably the right person for the job
- You ’re interested in how we can better understand what drives our user growth and user engagement and we can engineer the product to increase it. Hadoop experience We are starting to incorporate these technologies into our operations Experience working with Hive, Pig or Hbase You have a geniune curiosity about data
- Experience with large data stores.
- Thorough understanding of statistical analysis.
- You can communicate results of your analyses and put your findings in a product perspective.
- Signs of an entrepreneurial or intellectual exploration.
- Hacker mentality. You°re scrappy and want to get things done.
- You want to be part of the team building a voice platform for hundreds of millions of people.
Voxer is more than just a walkie-talkie app, it is one of the most used Push-to-Talk and messaging applications in the world. Voxer iOS and Android apps allow tens of millions of users across the world to communicate instantly. We°re making voice and multimedia communication faster, more efficient, and more social. Our goal is ambitious - we°re building the next generation communication voice service at the intersection between PTT, phone calls, SMS, conference calls, and multimedia messaging.
It°s no small feat to achieve, to keep one of the world°s fastest growing voice applications humming along and growing at a phenomenal pace. But we are 50 dedicated individuals who are putting some of the most exciting technology in the world to work right now - we are the world°s largest Node.js site, and we also run one of the largest Riak clusters in the world.
We are dedicated and solely focused on building the next generation of communication. The problems we°re facing are at a scale only seen at companies like Twitter and Facebook and we°re looking for exceptional people who can help us tackle them.
We closed our first outside round of funding last spring, and our brand new offices are right off Market Street in San Francisco. There°s tons of restaurants and shopping nearby at Westfield and Union Square to spend your hard earned cash on, and if you°re a musician there°s a few outside on the street that we wouldn°t mind you teaching a few new songs to. There are plenty of MUNI lines right outside, BART is a block away, plus the Ferry to Oakland and Marin is a pleasant fifteen minute stroll or five minute bus ride away.
Voxer - 16 months ago
Voxer enables each user to be more efficient---effectively and visually managing their most important priorities.
To learn more about our...