Work with Chief Creative Officer to come up w/ collection inspiration, fabrics/leather, details and overall "look" for season for Stella & Dot; ultimately responsible for designing collections on a seasonal basis. Must have a good eye for trend and a strong sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Must have strong understanding of cost levers and designing into price points.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
Procure color standards and materials to pass to production before packages go out.
Have a thorough understanding of costing constraints and work creatively with team to overcome them as they arise
Review Inspiration/sketches, materials and details with team
Hardware tech packs and development
Make line sheet w/ all details per style
Make tech-packages for collections
Review all BOMs & tech-packages w/ Production to ensure accuracy before Director's review for addition of any last minute details.
Maintain communication throughout process w/ cross-functional partners to keep product on track and answer questions from factory.
Review PA samples w/ production and Merchandising to make pattern/style corrections and maintain original design intent while executing costing changes.
Approve raw material Dips & Bulk standards for purchasing materials w/ Production.
Other Duties include: weekly TBs w/ Merchant & Production, Video conference w/ ftys, working w/ team to maintain samples - organizing vintage & proto closet as well as working protos.
- 4 to 6 years design experience.
- General computer knowledge; ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology (e.g., on-line spec program).
- Solid understanding of design process.
- Solid flat sketching skills.
- Good design and color sense.
- Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body.
- Solid understanding of product construction (e.g., finishes, fabrics, hardware, stitches, safety requirements, etc.).
- Knowledge of fit, model, and standard measurements.
- Strong Time management / communication skills.
- College Degree in Fashion Design required
- Travel required
- Additional category design experience a plus
Stella & Dot has a fabulous support network to help you with any and all your needs. We have provided a host of materials below designed...