JOB TITLE: Hardgoods Product Manager
Functional Area: Hardgoods
Reports to: VP, Hardgoods
Location: Not specifically defined/Open for discussion
Direct Reports: None
FLSA Status: Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the development and oversight of Airgas brand and product strategies for specific product families of welding, safety and related hardgoods .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The development of all brand and product strategies for hardgoods and related products affecting all sales channels, developing Airgas programs and pricing with selected preferred suppliers as well as developing and managing corporate relationships with those suppliers.
- The development and tracking off all brand strategy implementations (including consolidations) through all sales channels as well as developing pricing and margin improvement plans where necessary in specific product families; development of all brand merchandising strategies for all sales channels including retail stores, printed catalogs and fliers as well as various e-commerce catalogs for assigned families of products.
- Work closely and continuously with the strategic accounts sales organization to develop specific account product strategies and secure all necessary special pricing from key suppliers to support the strategic account sales program.
- Works closely with sales and suppliers to conduct marketing and profitability analysis to develop optimum product and brand mix within each product family.
- Continuously track new product or market developments to identify and rapidly introduce to all sales channels new products and markets offering sales growth opportunities.
- Within selected product families, develop and maintain private label strategies including products, pricing, packaging, marketing materials and promotion plans as determined by the individual product family characteristics
- Primary liaison between vendors, purchasing, marketing and sales for assigned product categories.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated product and application knowledge, including a minimum of 5 years experience in sales, purchasing, product or marketing management or similar position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong business acumen, negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Requires ability to build and manipulate data in various database formats. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Access.
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities/tasks, deadlines and work independently.
- Proven ability to avoid distraction and remain focused on critical objectives.
- This position will interface routinely with Sr. Airgas executives in all areas as well as the Sr. executive managers of Airgas “partner” suppliers. Individual must be willing and able to travel frequently to various Regional Company and “partner” supplier locations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
- Willing and able to drive (or have access to transportation), fly, and spend evenings away from home.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment is an office setting.
Airgas Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty...