Keynote Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: KEYN) is the global leader in Internet and mobile cloud testing and monitoring. Before the term “SaaS” was invented and marketing people labeled everything online as “the cloud”, Keynote was already helping companies improve the connected experience for web and mobile users around the world. Founded in 1995, Keynote Systems is the pioneer in developing on-demand, cloud-based solutions that help our customers assure the online experience in five areas: mobile testing and monitoring, web performance monitoring, web load testing, web privacy monitoring, and real user experience testing. With a global network of more than 7,000 measurement systems and mobile devices, in 260 locations and 187 countries, collecting over 800,000,000 measurements every day, we can provide a level of performance detail on a global scale that is unmatched in the world.
Through our award-winning products, our growing number of 3,000 corporate customers rely upon Keynote to help them become “the best of the best”…and we expect no less from those looking to join our team. Our testing, monitoring and measurement products and services are used by some of the largest and hottest online portals, e-commerce sites, B2B sites, mobile operators, and mobile infrastructure providers including: AT&T, Best Buy, Disney, eBay, E*TRADE, Expedia,
FedEx, Google, and Microsoft. With Keynote, these companies know precisely how their mobile apps and web applications perform on actual browsers, networks, and mobile devices from around the world.
We have an immediate opening for a Hardware Assembly Technician in our San Mateo, California headquarters.
We are currently looking for an energetic and talented mid-to-senior level Hardware Assembly Technician as we expand our Device Production Group. This position reports to the Process Manager. Our Hardware Assembly Technicians are responsible for disassembling and integrating a varied array of mobile handset devices produced by multiple manufacturers into Keynote’s proprietary testing and monitoring hardware platform. We are looking for someone who is passionate about electronics, loves a good challenge, and where attention to detail and perfection is a part of their everyday life. Telecommuting is not authorized for this
- Integrate mobile phone handsets into Keynote’s proprietary hardware platform.
- Disassemble and reassemble mobile handset devices with minimal device failures.
- Solder/Desolder fine pitch video connectors on mobile devices and Keynote’s custom-built PCB boards using unaided vision, magnifying glasses, and high-power microscopes.
- Assemble mini PCB boards, connectors, and cables used for integration.
- Identify integration failures, device integrity issues, and build out quality of devices.
- Document, teach, and peer-review integration, disassembly, and reassembly techniques and procedures.
- Assist hardware engineers with finding video and touch screen signals of mobile devices.
- Work independently to meet team goals with minimal supervision.
3-5 years of hands-on experience doing electronics assembly work and surface-mount and small component soldering, preferably within the electronics anufacturing industry.
- Associate degree in electronics or related discipline
- Excellent fine pitch soldering skills using unaided vision, magnifying glasses, and high-power microscopes as well as the ability to identify and correct poor soldering.
- Demonstrate proficiency using hand tools, power tools, soldering tools, digital multimeters (DMM), and other tools necessary to disassemble/reassemble devices and Keynote’s proprietary hardware.
- Ability to identify and have working knowledge of electronic parts, components, and PCB boards.
- Strong electronic workmanship skills with unwavering attention to detail.
- Eager to exceed personal build-out quotas and assist teammates to do the same.
- Willing to learn new processes, techniques, and procedures.
- Must work well independently and within a team environment, be highly motivated and enthusiastic, and be comfortable working in a fast paced environment where working on multiple priority activities is normal.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends, when necessary.
- Having a strong
interest in cell phone technology is preferred.
- Must be able to pass
fine pitch soldering and electrical component identification proficiency tests.
Keynote Systems - 16 months ago
Keynote is the global leader in Internet and mobile cloud testing & monitoring. We provide companies with solutions for continuously...