A hardware development engineer involved in the development of hardware solutions that will meet the exacting requirements of high volume production. This role supports the development of complete production test solutions that will support products at the sub-contract volume manufacturing level. This individual is responsible, but not limited to, the development activities following products through the complete design cycle from specification through design verification and transition into production.
- Participation in system design activities and key component selection
- Development of hardware requirement specifications
- Detailed circuit design and schematic development
- Design verification planning and execution
- Liaison with production team to manage development builds and production transition.
- Assist in the development of production test specifications.
- Assisting in the architecting of a solution to implement the test plan..
- Working with an external design house to manufacture the production test jig mechanics.
- Enhancement of the existing production test software platform to implement the new test plan.
- Commissioning the completed test system and delivery and installation at the subcontract manufacturer site.
- Compose written reports to fully document all project activity.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to a variety of small or large groups.
- Provide updates on project status and technological changes to the design team.
- Provide support and assistance to project team as needed.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement software and hardware to reduce cycle time and improve product development efficiency.
- Personal computer skills such as MICROSOFT OFFICE and relational database.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a Team environment
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
- Ability to work under direct supervision
- Ability to work with clearly defined project steps
- Candidates must provide details regarding academic or industry experience with Hardware Design (i.e. creating and building a PCB, microprocessor design, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or a related field. Applicants must provide details of hardware design experience through education, projects, co-op/internship experience, etc.
- 0-2 years experience emphasizing Hardware Design from educational coursework, projects, co-op/internships, etc.
Laird Technologies recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Should you require such an accommodation, please indicate the job function and suggested accommodation. Laird will attempt to make reasonable accommodation.
Laird Technologies, Inc. - 10 months ago