At Altera, we take pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our company is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why Altera is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
Altera Corporation is the pioneer of programmable logic solutions, enabling system and semiconductor companies to rapidly and cost effectively innovate, differentiate and win in their markets. Altera combines the programmable logic technology originally invented in 1983 with software tools, intellectual property, and customer support to provide high-value programmable solutions to over 13,000 customers worldwide. Altera is headquartered in San Jose, California, and employs approximately 3,000 people in 19 countries.
Altera is looking for a talented Hardware Engineer to join its Industrial Ethernet System Solutions team located at its Austin Technology Center in Texas. As the global pioneer of system-on-a-programmable-chip solutions, Altera is experiencing rapid growth driven by the ever-increasing capability of the FPGA as an implementation platform along with the increased availability and sophistication of IP and tools.
The successful candidate will thrive in a challenging environment which includes taking customer and market requirements and creating, validating, and supporting Industrial Ethernet system solutions for Altera’s current and future FPGA products. This requires knowledge of Ethernet and other networking standards. Your specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
The successful candidate's minimum qualifications will include the following:
- Understand Industrial Ethernet system architectures
- Understand Industrial Ethernet protocols and defining a multi-protocol micro-architecture to support them
- Develop Verilog implementations, performing logic simulation, and timing analysis
- Ensure the solutions are available as hardware IP within Altera’s tools
- Perform system testing, including compliance, certification, and performance
- Create reference designs and demonstration platforms
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years experience
- Knowledge of Ethernet and other networking standards and their application
- Experience in design of Ethernet solutions
- Experience in FPGA/ASIC design using VHDL/Verilog
- Knowledge of Industrial Ethernet protocols, profiles and their application, or ESL tool flows and methodologies, or system on chip design techniques
- Proven creativity and innovation within a similar role
- Ability to work well within a variety of team environments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
Altera Corporation - 16 months ago