The role of the IEC Hardware Engineer is to provide research, analysis design, development, and implementation of hardware components and systems. Develops hardware design and performance documentation. Develops and performs trade studies, assesses market information, analyzes alternatives and makes product selection recommendations. Evaluates environmental factors and identifies alternatives. Develops test strategies, devices, and systems. Performs stress and performance tests on a variety of computer and other system hardware including circuit boards, processors and wiring. Conducts troubleshooting of operational hardware components and systems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Leads requirement analysis, design, implementation, integration, test and operation of large scale, complex Hardware components and systems
· Establishes hardware design standards and procedures. Responsible for the development, review and approval of hardware design documentation
· Perform all image calibrations for all IEC Monitors, printers, and plotters
· Coordinate with NIQU on all imagery based requirements
· Conduct trade studies and evaluation for monitors, printers, plotters, and video cards from an IEC perspective
· Conducts troubleshooting for complex system issues and develops problem resolutions.
· Develops and performs trade studies, assesses market information, analyzes alternatives and makes product selection decisions
· Is well versed in hardware components and understands adjacent technology areas and uses this knowledge to meet customer needs
· Develops and implements priorities, procedures strategies and concepts
· Coordinates the work of many engineers across many disciplines
· Integrates different disciplines and specialty groups into a team effort, forming a structured developmental process that proceeds from concept to development to operation
· Defines instructions, priorities, procedures, and concepts to meet customer requirements
· Primary technical interface to external stakeholders
· Ensures technical teams execute to deliver quality and meet deadlines
· Drives the relationship between technical solutions and business needs
· Leads development of contract briefings and deliverables for formal internal and external reviews
· Mentors less experienced engineers and other team members
· Other duties as assigned
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years relevant work experience or equivalent relevant work experience.
· Expert-level knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures for software and/or hardware testing to include the System Development LifeCycle (SDLC), unit testing, integration testing, functional testing, system testing, acceptance testing (often performed by the internal or external client) and regression testing
· Has expert-level knowledge with multiple common hardware components
· Technical lead on multiple projects/engagements with comprehensive understanding of the LCM Framework across multiple phases
· Extensive knowledge of applicable business lines/industries
· Must be able to communicate effectively (written and oral) across multiple organizations, both internal & external, and with executive company and customer management
Recommended: SCNP, SCNA or CISSP
An Alaska Native Corporation, Chenega Corporation has gone from landowner to business titan. Founded in 1974 to represent the Chenega people...