Joining a vibrant, respected, and growing company is one of the smartest career choices you can make today.
Founded in 1971, Forsythe is an information technology infrastructure integrator. Forsythe helps complex organizations across all industries, including Fortune 1000 companies, optimize the cost and manage the risk of their IT while improving performance. Forsythe provides independent technology and business consulting services, technology leasing services, and value-added reseller services for all the leading technology product manufacturers. Headquartered in Skokie, Illinois, Forsythe employs nearly 900 people in 50 offices throughout the United States and Canada. Forsythe is privately held and 100-percent employee-owned. We offer a rewarding work environment, competitive benefits, and wide-ranging opportunities for professional growth. Forsythe is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We support a diverse workforce.
At Forsythe, we are 100% employee owned via our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Everyone has a stake in the quality of our work, the success of our business, the satisfaction of our customers, and the appreciation of their shares in Forsythe. As an employee-owner, you'll be proud to call Forsythe YOUR company.
We are currently looking for a Hardware Support Technician to join our Internal IT department in Skokie, IL.
This role reports to the IT Operations Manager.
Installs, configures and makes repair to the microcomputer hardware and software. Provides Hardware, software, printer, and network support to end users. Also, provides basic training and troubleshooting of microcomputers and mobile devices (phones, tablets, etc) in a networked environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Inspect microcomputer equipment and install specified software. Setup & upgrade laptops & desktops. Evaluate new technologies for deployment with personal computers or mobile devices.
· Answer client inquiries in person, via telephone, email and the Service Desk ticketing system concerning system operations. Diagnose system hardware and software issues. Perform remedial actions to correct problems based on knowledge of system operations.
· Document repeatable procedures using ITIL best practices.
Minimum and/or Preferred Qualifications:
· High School Diploma or GED required with relevant IT support experience.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related degree preferred.
· One to two years of experience required in an IT support capacity.
· Must have knowledge of commonly used concepts, procedures and practices in the field (IE: PCs, Microsoft products, peripheral equipment, mobile devices, etc.).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
· Comptia’s A+ or Network + preferred.
· MCP or MCDST Certification preferred.
· ITIL Foundation Certificate preferred.
· Must be detail oriented and be able to deliver high quality work with little supervision
· Must have strong communication skills both written and verbal
· Must be able to follow standard documented operating procedures
· Must have an ability to work with and meet deadlines
· Must be a highly motivated self-starter
· Must have a flexible work schedule as some nights and weekends are required
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, IF APPLICABLE:
Depending upon the assignment, may require ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations, and or ability to stand, walk or manipulate (lift, carry and move) light to medium weights of 10 to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Some Travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to provide the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements
Forsythe is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We support a diverse workforce.