The Hardware Technician is responsible for identifying and resolving hardware and software issues that could not be resolved over the telephone. Additionally, the Hardware Technician is also responsible for repair, maintenance, and tracking of client equipment and operating within client Service Level Agreements.
Principal Responsibilities: (Essential Function)
The work breakdown percentages for the following high-level responsibilities are defined by different client contracts and may differ between accounts. Managers: You must review with your team member's the percentages that pertain to their particular job.
• Replicate and resolve customer issues in the hardware environment (Triage.)
• Prioritize the day’s repairs to ensure that all equipment is returned to users within each Client’s Service Level guidelines (whether working in a dedicated or syndicated environment.)
• Complete all steps necessary to fully configure equipment for new hires and “rebuild” type repairs
• Prepare Manufacturer Repair orders for damaged equipment
Horizon and Call Logging
• Consistently monitor Horizon for incoming repairs.
• Submit detailed Defective Tag summaries documenting actions taken towards the resolution of an
• Provide feedback on processes and technical documentation to assist in verification of order completion issue.
• Escalate issues to Hardware Manager/Supervisor, Quality Assurance/Control staff as applicable.
• Perform special projects as assigned by management.
• Stay current on Original Manufacturer Equipment policies, changes and maintenance procedures for their equipment.
• Continually update technical information and best practices concerning proprietary applications to the C3i Reference Library and other knowledge management channels.
• Accountable for all assets handled, including but not limited to, virtual tracking, physical tracking, and physical condition.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Experience in troubleshooting current Microsoft operating systems and Office applications
• Basic network knowledge of networks and network systems
• Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Business, related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A+ Certification (within 6 months of employment)
• Computer hardware repair or computer support experience
• Help Desk/Call Center experience preferred
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
C3i, Inc. - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
C3i provides a variety of IT services, consulting, and outsourcing services to clients in the life sciences industry. The company...