USmax Corporation is looking for a Hardware Technician to provide installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Monitor and respond to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Install and configure network hardware and software.
- Provide network troubleshooting and support.
- Provide technical support and training to end-users.
- Administer network security.
- Back up file server data/disks.
- Provide complex server maintenance.
- Set up new users and delete old users from the network
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Associate Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of directly related experience supporting network operations
- Candidate must be ITIL Foundation certified or capable of obtaining ITIL Foundation level certification within 60 days of hire (training provided at employer expense).
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 30-50 lbs.
- After-hours availability for communication and escalation is required. On-call availability and flexibility to work on a varied shift rotation is expected.
- LOCAL AND CONUS TRAVEL MAY BE REQUIRED.
- Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
USmax Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.