State/Province: North Carolina [NC]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Head, Supply Finance NA
Job ID: 4720
Syngenta is one of the world’s leading companies with 27,000 employees in over 90 countries dedicated to one purpose: bringing plant potential to life. We contribute to addressing some of the planet’s most critical issues such as the rising demand for food from a growing population.
Working for Syngenta offers you the opportunity to play a part in addressing one of the most urgent challenges facing global agriculture today where we need to feed 200,000 more people every day.*
Come be part of our good growth plan: one planet, six commitments:
Make crops more efficient, rescue more farmland and help biodiversity flourish; empower smallholders, help people stay safe and look after each worker. * Our work matters.
There has never been a better time to join Syngenta!
Role purpose :
- Lead and manage the NA Supply Finance Team; ensure continuity and development of key supply finance resources in line with current and future business needs.
- Provide strategic finance business partner support to the Head Supply Ops NA
- As part of the North American Supply Ops Leadership Team (NASOLT) shape and drive integrated business strategies that deliver current and future business needs
- Influence and shape the inventory provisioning and forecasting process for NA (Seeds / Crop Protection) in close collaboration with Regional and Territory Supply Chain Management and commercial teams in order to reliably assess and mitigate the impact on Syngenta’s financial statements.
- Drive forward the control and compliance agenda in NA Supply in accordance with Syngenta’s standards, in particular the Internal Control Framework (ICF) and the Production & Supply Financial Framework (PSFF)
- Financial: Cost budget of approx. $300m in support of $3bn revenue
- People: No of direct reports 3, No of indirect reports: 0
- Geographic Scope: No of countries: North America (US & Canada)
- Pro-actively drive and deliver increased transparency and business insight to the NA Supply financial performance. Provide support and challenge to the NA Supply Ops Leadership Team and the broader Supply organization through insightful business analysis in order to facilitate the delivery of excellent business and financial results.
- Pro-actively drive and coordinate key financial analysis and planning processes (business delivery tracking, latest outlooks / estimates, budgets, inventory and provision forecasts, etc.) in accordance with global procedures and deadlines. Ensure continuity and accuracy in the reporting of monthly results, development of latest outlook and tracking of business delivery.
- Coordinate and drive the inventory and inventory provision processes in close collaboration with commercial, supply and finance teams at regional, territory and country level. Guide reporting units to ensure alignment with Syngenta’s Production and Supply Financial Framework. Pro-actively lead and coordinate monthly inventory reviews and follow up actions with regional and territory supply chain managers.
- Pro-actively drive end-to-end cost transparency throughout the whole supply chain for all major crops in close collaboration with Crop Supply Chain Managers.
- Actively participate and represent P&S Finance in month-end-close review meetings (GP Lock Meetings), highlighting variances against plans and steps to mitigate adverse variances. Ensure findings are communicated appropriately within the organization and identified actions are monitored and followed-up on.
- Pro-actively drive forward the compliance agenda for Supply operations across the region through a timely follow-up and closure of identified audit findings with action owners by pro-actively promoting a compliance mind-set and culture within the NA Supply organization. Ensure appropriate controls are in place and monitored to drive compliance with Syngenta’s global policies and frameworks.
- Ensure that individuals in the NA Supply Finance team have the skills, tools and support to deliver their business partnering objectives.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration with an MBA preferred
- Accounting certification or qualification
- Knowledge of IFRS
- SOX and Financial Compliance
- SAP and related information systems
Critical experience :
- 10-15 years overall experience including 5 years managing staff
- Experiencing interacting/presenting to senior management in a corporation
- 5 years in Supply Chain Finance or experience with Logistics Finance
- Experience in working with cross functional teams and ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Experience in influencing key stakeholders towards adopting and aligning to relevant finance and manufacturing procedures and policies
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities :
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work with deadlines and time pressure
- Ability to pay attention to detail, while understanding and driving the bigger strategic picture
Critical leadership capabilities :
- Ability to skilfully plan, organize and monitor performance to create value and achieve excellence in delivery
- Ability to effectively collaborate across organizational and functional boundaries
- Ability to actively support and drive strategic direction for the NA Supply organization
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Travel = 10-15 %
- Must sign a Non-Compete if offered this position.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...