Head Athletic Trainer |
Full-time ten month position available. The Head Athletic Trainer reports to the Athletic Director.
Education and Preferred Experience: Master’s degree in appropriate area of specialization and 2-5 years professional experience required. Certification by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC) and State Athletic Training Licensure required.
- Exhibit and Articulate evidence of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Invest in the total development and welfare of each student athlete including, spiritual, educational, moral, social and athletic maturation.
- Knowledgeable of, support and uphold the philosophy of Asbury University and the Asbury University Athletic Department.
- Know and follow appropriate policies and guidelines of both NCAA/NAIA and the Asbury Athletic Department in all areas.
- Develop overall sports medicine program including: injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury management, injury treatment and rehabilitation, educational programs and counseling for student athletes.
- Provide athletic training services for the University’s athletic department, including attendance at all scheduled team practices and home and away competitions as necessary.
- Coordinate and schedule physical examinations and medical referrals for student athletes to determine their ability to practice and compete.
- Responsible for the formation of the University’s athletic training staff, including hiring, training, supervising and scheduling for all team practices and competitions.
- Assist Athletic Director in the development of the sports medical program budget.
- Evaluate and recommend new techniques and equipment that would enhance the benefit of the sports medical program.
- Attend all staff meetings of the Athletic Department and provide support to coaches and student athletes.
- Teach 12 hours (6 fall/6 spring) within the HPER department at the discretion of the HPER Chair and based on curricular needs.
- Accept other duties as assigned.
To apply, please send signed application, resume and written Christian testimony to the Human Resources Office.
Posted: 2/25/2013 Deadline: Until filled