Develop, coordinate, and administer a comprehensive sports medical program for PLNU intercollegiate sports.
- Develop overall sports medicine program for the University, including: injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury management, injury treatment and rehabilitation, educational programs, and counseling for student-athletes.
- Provide athletic training services for the athletic department, including attendance at and supervision of scheduled team practices and home and away competitions as necessary.
- Supervise the treatment or referral of all injuries and post injury rehabilitation to the members of the sports medical team; interface directly with medical personnel regarding the treatment of student-athletes.
- Coordinate and schedule physical examinations and medical referrals for student-athletes to determine their ability to practice and compete.
- Develop, train, and supervise the athletic training staff.
- Supervise undergraduate Athletic Training Students and/or serve as an Approved Clinical Instructor/Preceptor in the Athletic Training Education Program.
- Supervise the treatment or referral of student-athletes suffering from non-orthopedic medical conditions to the Wellness Center on campus.
- Work in conjunction with the strength and conditioning coaches and head coaches to ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness, nutrition and conditioning programs customized to meet individual student-athlete needs.
- Schedule and coordinate athletic training staff for clinical coverage and competitions. Coordinate (may designate responsibility to staff ATC ) athletic training students for clinical coverage and competitions.
- Assist Athletic Director in the development of the sports medicine program budget, planning and scheduling the purchasing of all sports medicine program supplies and equipment within allocated budget parameters.
- Determine and ensure the acquisition of safety equipment and supplies applicable to the respective intercollegiate sports; evaluate and recommend new techniques and equipment that would enhance the benefit of the sports medicine program.
- Supervise the compilation and maintenance of statistical records of team injuries and medical data for the Athletic Department.
- Supervise and administer aspects of the medical insurance provided to PLNU athletes as a function of their participation.
- Organize and schedule randomized drug testing of all athletic teams twice a semester.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and compliance with all PacWest Conference and NCAA rules and regulations as they relate to all job-related activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate area of specialization and three years of professional experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Understanding of and commitment to the spiritual mission of the University.
- Certified by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification ( NATABOC )
- Familiarity with NCAA governing laws and rules.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Varies depending upon the position.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Point Loma Nazarene University - 10 months ago