irector of Brewery Division
: Management of microbrewery. Supervises all brewing, training of assistant brewers, sanitation and safety procedures, while promoting beer through marketing and restaurant functions. Maintains lineup of standard CraftWorks Restaurants and Breweries, Inc. House Beers and high quality, locally inspired Specialty Beers.
- Production of house and specialty beers to Rock Bottom’s standards.
- Maintain brewery, BATF, inventory and brew sheet paperwork.
- Schedule work for brewers while maintaining budgeted labor costs on a weekly basis.
- Attend management meetings to update in-house managers on brewery issues on a weekly basis.
- Weekly product forecast.
- Evaluate and monitor beer and raw materials involved in brewing.
- Brews original beers according to demographics and promotional needs.
- Operate brew equipment to maintain acceptable inventory of raw materials and beer.
- Supervises cleanliness & sanitation of all equipment, tanks and work areas to maintain consistent beer quality.
- Fundamental knowledge of plumbing and machinery mechanics/maintenance.
- Possess good beer knowledge and a good sense of smell, distinguishing flavors, and colors in beer.
- Train assistant brewers to become head brewers and/or work at a level consistent with brewery production.
- Research, technical and piloting specialties on an ongoing basis.
- Train & test staff in beer knowledge at daily sales meetings.
- Participate in beer dinners and festivals, customer relations and marketing/promotions/charitable events.
- Conduct brewery tours when necessary.
- Participate in guild affiliations.
- Manage production for offsite accounts if applicable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
1-3 years experience as a Head Brewer in a Brewery / Restaurant.
Ability to work and communicate well with staff, customers and outside parties.
Competent with Microsoft office & basic computer functions.
Organized and detail oriented.
Ability to problem solve and get assistance as needed.
Capable of speaking in front of a small group of people as an instructor.
50% Lift 55 lbs. from ground to shoulder high.
25% Lift 110 lbs. from ground to waist high and moving 150 lbs. along the floor.
15% Climb stairs, ramps, and ladders up to or exceeding 20 times per day.
10% Work in small and confined spaces.
10% Read, write and calculate basic algebra.
High school diploma
Coursework with an accredited Brewing School a plus.
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant Group, Inc. is a national operator of upscale brewery restaurants featuring boldly flavored...