BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to providing a challenging educational experience for all its students. The district serves a diverse community that demands educational excellence. It stands as a leader in academic excellence with top ratings at the state and national level for outstanding classroom teachers, exemplary schools, and programs that support student achievement. The communities of Boulder, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill cover approximately 500 square miles and serve an estimated 211,000 residents, with an enrollment of more than 29,000. The University of Colorado and many nationally known organizations and companies are located within its boundaries. Abundant year-round recreational activities are available in the Boulder Valley area. Website: www.bvsd.org
About Centaurus High School
Centaurus High School is one of eight high schools in Boulder Valley School District. The student population is around 1000 students. The school building is located on 40 acres of land and boasts excellent athletic and academic facilities which include two gymnasiums, a weight room, stadium and field house.
The Head Girls' Tennis Coach reports to the school athletic director and the school principal and is responsible for the overall Girls' Tennis program at Centaurus High School. Leadership is to be provided by the coach in the following areas:
- Coordination of varsity and lower level teams
- Summer and/or off season programs
- Development of expectations and direction of the Girls' Tennis program
- Tracking of eligibility and academic progress of students
- Preparation of team for competition
- Teaching fundamental and advanced skills
- Front Range League Coaches’ meetings & School Coaches’ meetings
- Communication with parents, players, CHS staff, media, etc.
- Following school district, school and CHSAA regulations and policies
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English, must pass English component of interview process.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application
- Must hold or be able to acquire a CHSAA coaching certificate
- Previous coaching experience
- Knowledge of all aspects of senior high school athletic/activity programming
- Proven leadership qualities and successful experience in working with high school students
Salary information for BVSD positions can be found online at: http://www.bvsd.org/HR/Pages/NegotiatedAgreementsSalarySchedules.aspx . Salary placement varies according to experience and education. No phone calls please.
Application and Selection Procedure:
Apply on-line at http://bvsd.org (in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5093; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html
k12jobspot.com - 2 years ago