This position reports to the Executive Director of Athletics and is responsible for performing the duties of Head Tennis Coach for student athletes participating on the College sponsored intercollegiate athletic men’s tennis team.
The mission of the athletic program is to reinforce the attitudes, values, and overall mission of the College: to promote lifelong learning, integrity, leadership, tolerance, good citizenship, diversity, and academic excellence in concert with developing the student-athlete’s physical skills and abilities.
Salary: $2000.00 per month during the four month season
Continued employment is dependent upon funding from designated sources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit (within the state of Arizona), select, train and coordinate athletes
- Coordinate with instructional and student development divisions on athletes’ academic progress and qualifications
- Participate in fund-raising efforts for the program
- Develop the men’s tennis program
- Prepare specific development training/conditioning programs for individual athletes and monitor their progress
- Prepare and implement travel arrangements
- Prepare, collect and disseminate information on the College men’s tennis program to compliance organizations, administration, faculty, staff and the general public while maintaining confidentiality of student athlete records
- Participate in activities which contribute to the overall understanding of men’s tennis coaching
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A Bachelor's degree
- Three years of tennis coaching experience at the high school or college level equivalent
- This position requires a flexible work schedule including evening and weekend hours
- This position requires travel in support of team events, recruiting efforts and other College business
- Recruit, select, train and coordinate athletes in a NJCAA men’s tennis program
- Demonstrate leadership to athletes, other coaches and to participate in events specifically arranged for coaches
- Observe and enforce rules, regulations, practices and procedures of a NJCAA men’s tennis program
- Present clear training options to athletes and monitor progress towards agreed goals
- Aspects of sport science applicable to development, selection and preparation of athletes for a college men’s tennis program
- Principles and practices of supervision and motivation
- Principles and practices of public relations, record keeping and general business practices required for organization and promotion of a men’s tennis team
- Mentor and motivate student athletes
- Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others in a diverse multicultural environment.
Pima Community College - 14 months ago