Accountable to: Activities Director
Primary Objective: To coordinate the selection, instruction, training, and conditioning of all athletes at all levels in your sport. Positively contribute to the education of each student-athlete in said program. Be the primary catalyst for developing, communicating, and implementing a clear vision for the program under your direction.
1. Possess a valid Minnesota coaching Certificate, or be a certified teacher.
2. Have ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
3. Have a substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and, at the same time, have a willingness to continually examine new procedures and theories pertinent to the sport.
4. Develop a positive relationship with the coaches and leaders of the youth program for your sport and provide assistance to them when appropriate.
5. Develop a positive relationship with the athletes participating in the youth programs for your sport.
6. Coaches should exhibit evidence of the following: excellent sportsmanship, poise and self-control, sense of fairness and judgment, healthy role-modeling, leadership skills, ability to discipline, exceptional motivational skills, and excellent communication skills.
7. To know and administer the policies, procedures, and guidelines set forth in the Columbia Heights Handbook, the North Suburban Conference Bylaws and the MSHSL policies for your sport
8. To provide for the health, safety, and well-being of team members
9. To adhere to the start and end dates for your sport
Salary: Stipend per Teacher Master Agreement
Position begins 8/12/2013
Posting Dates: January 3, 2013 – until filled
Questions regarding this position should be directed to Mark Corless, Activities Director, 763-528-4413 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested applicants should apply online at www.colheights.k12.mn.us
Interviews will be scheduled at the request of the School District .
k12jobspot.com - 11 months ago