Under the general supervision of the Senior Programs Coordinator, serves as a Head Lifeguard at the Wolfe Center senior aquatic facility. Ensures safe swimming facilities for patrons and teaches swimming lessons. Performs other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Closely watches assigned pool/aquatic activities throughout day.
• Administers first aid where necessary.
• Keeps assigned facility clean and safe for patrons.
• Teaches swimming lessons.
• Assists in scheduling part-time lifeguards.
• Maintains pool and water chemistry.
• Monitors mechanical room chemical feed system.
• May collect and record fees received.
• Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION
• Minimum 18 years of age.
• Current certifications or ability to obtain such certifications prior to pool opening dates in Lifeguard Training, Standard First Aid, Community CPR, and Water Safety Instructor.
• Ability to deal tactfully, cooperatively, and courteously with all visitors and patrons.
• Ability to work variable hours as assigned, including early mornings, weekends, holidays, etc.
• Ability to pass a criminal background check
• Ability to pass post-offer drug screen.
Applications may be submitted by one of the following methods:
In person or by mail: Smyrna Human Resource Dept., 2800 King Street, Smyrna, GA 30080
City of Smyrna, GA - 18 months ago