The Head Guard is responsible for the Aquatics Department and upholding Life Time's Mission and Vision Statements through the Healthy Way of Life Principles while delivering the highest level of customer service and consistency to both Members and Team Members. The Head Guard and Aquatics Team Members will ensure the best department appearance with a focus on safety to achieve the best member experiences.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
1. Ensures Aquatics Team Members provide a safe and friendly environment for the Members.
2. Provides exceptional customer service and meets the Members' needs and expectations.
3. Assists in responding to Member inquiries regarding Life Time programs, products, services, policies, and procedures in a professional and timely manner.
4. Assists in creating a fun & safe environment during Family Hours.
5. May assist in registering Members for group as well as private swim lessons and programming.
6. Provides a safe, clean, and organized aquatics area for members.
Sales & Promotional
1. Promotes all Life Time programs, products, and services.
2. Assists in marketing and promoting aquatics programs and activities in the club to increase participation.
Financial & Budgetary
1. Works with the Aquatics Department Head & Assistant to understand the budget for lifeguards and Family Hours.
2. Manages the lifeguards to ensure that all team members are utilized to the fullest or send extra guards home while still maintaining expectations for safety.
Managerial & Supervisory
1. Assists in managing & supporting all Aquatics Department Team Members.
2. May assist ensuring all certifications and LTU classes are current in the department.
3. Completes and documents daily inspections to ensure pool area cleanliness and safety as directed by the Aquatics Department Head. .
4. Balances pool chemicals to meet mandated levels/standards.
5. Submits incident reports in a timely matter.
6. Maintains the Systems Binder on a daily basis.
7. Assists in training team members through shadowing, direction and feedback of guard critiques.
Responsibilities of All Positions
- Supports and articulates the Life Time mission statement
- Adheres to company policies and procedures
- Ensures cleanliness of the club using all 5 senses:
- Sight to ensure club is neat and orderly
- Sound to ensure music levels are appropriate
- Touch to ensure floors, countertops, etc are clean and dry
- Taste to ensure the food & beverages in the café are up-to-standards
- Smell to ensure the club is fresh and odor free
- Demonstrates positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to internal and external customers.
Safety responsibilities include:
- Complies with all company safety rules.
- Uses all required safety devices and personal protection equipment.
- Reports accidents and injuries to supervisor as soon as possible.
- Participates in safety training and safety inspections.
- Suggests methods of preventing hazards to safety committee.
- High School Diploma, or GED (some college preferred)
Licenses / Certifications / Registrations:
- 6 months of customer service experience
- 2 years lifeguarding experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid - Red Cross CPR-PR/AED- NSPF Certified Pool Operator (CPO) (Preferred)- Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) (Preferred)- U Swim School Certification (Preferred)- Successfully complete and pass Head Guard Training
- Ability to swim and knowledge of swim programs
- Ability to effectively build teams
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of pool pump room operations
- Ability to multi-task, make decisions easily and quickly
- Ability to operate a personal computer
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Ability to build relationships with members
- Comfortable working with all age groups, including children
- Strong problem solving skills
- Minimum 18 years old
Intermediate- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, clients, and other employees of the organization in English.
Intermediate- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
Advanced Skills- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Outlook. Also must have the ability to learn new computer programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; ability to climb ladders. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in an athletic club environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high.
Primary Location: : TX-Plano - PLA - Plano
Life Time Fitness - 15 months ago