Job Title: Head Maintenance SLC
Job ID: 315525
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
Performs maintenance service and repairs. Is knowledgeable in the procedures and safety measures in area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
• Participates in accomplishing prescribed tasks in an assigned area.
• Responds to action requests and initiates inquiries and reports.
• Cooperates with other areas by providing for and distributing the necessary workload to ensure that deadlines are met.
• Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
• Repairing and Maintaining Mechanical Equipment - Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical principles.
• Works directly with outside vendors to obtain bids and contract out work within the JCPSSC Facility.
• Comprehensive knowledge of procedures and systems such as typing, special material cleaning, mechanics, electricity, network wiring, and telephone systems.
• Familiarity with equipment or machines used in the area assigned.
• Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of building facilities.
• Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
• English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Preferred Skills: A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
• Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
• Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
• Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
• Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
• Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
• Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
Previous Experience/ Education:
• Requires a high school diploma and at least 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
JCPenney - 17 months ago
A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. The...