Under the Direction of the Director of Athletics and the Rothman Center, the incumbent shall assume full responsibility for the organization, management and conduct of a men’s or women’s basketball program at the Division I level. The program shall be conducted under the rules and regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, Division I, the Northeast Conference, and the university.
1. Baccalaureate degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Three years experience as a basketball coach at the intercollegiate level. Highly competitive personal playing experience preferred.
3. Knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations a plus.
4. Commitment to support the academic progress and development of student-athletes.
5. Evidence of recruiting success in basketball programs.
6. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Must have a First Aid and CPR certification or obtain them during the 90 day Introductory Period.
8. Willingness to travel and work varied hours including evenings and weekends.
9. Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record in accordance with the university’s Motor Vehicle Policy. A DMV check will be required at the time of hire and thereafter as deemed appropriate by the university. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the DMV check.
10. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Application for Employment
Fairleigh Dickinson University - 18 months ago