Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects associated with the Men’s intercollegiate basketball program at Lesley University. The head coach will direct and coach the Men’s basketball team according to NCAA, New England Collegiate Conference and Lesley University standards, rules and regulations and demonstrate awareness of, commitment, and adherence to NCAA, ECAC and Conference rules to help instruct and develop student-athletes; assist in developing and implementing a comprehensive recruiting strategy; make strategic decisions in contest situations; assist in the strength and conditioning of the athletes; and handle administrative responsibilities associated with the program operations, including fundraising efforts and community service.
Must have demonstrated success in coaching basketball at the collegiate level. Excellent communication skills are also required. Bachelor's degree and previous recruiting experience is required.
This is a part-time, non-benefits eligible position.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Manage the day-to-day operations of the Men’s basketball program.
2. Manage the training of student-athletes. Help with individual skills and team concepts.
3. Manage the planning and attend all practices, games, conditioning, and tryouts.
4. Identification, assessment, and recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
5. Work with the student-athlete academic coordinator.
6. Assist with the planning, coordination and supervision of fundraising events and community service.
7. Provide an example of leadership and competitive but sportsmanlike conduct.
8. Manage the enforcement of team discipline and conduct.
9. Become familiar with and implement all necessary college policies, rules, regulations and guidelines as they relate to this position, including student rights and responsibilities concerning harassment of any kind and drug and alcohol use.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required,
- Previous successful coaching and playing experience on the college level.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit student-athletes.
- Have experience developing basketball practice plans and game strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
- Hold a valid US driver's license.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States; if you hold a visa, your visa status must allow you to work at Lesley University.
The position is part-time (working 25 – 30 hours per week) and year round; we are looking to hire immediately
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Applicant screening will begin immediately, and the search will continue until the position is filled.
Please include a cover letter, CV/ resume, and contact information for three references.
Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.
Lesley University - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard