Develop structured practices to meet certain goals.
Teach fundamentals of running training theory
Counsel student-athletes in good sportsmanship, sport participation, personal development, and academic success.
Travel and recruit locally or out of state.
Perform other related duties as assigned
The position is part-time (working 25 – 30 hours per week) and year round; looking to hire immediately.
- Bachelor's Degree, Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous successful coaching and/or running experience at the college level.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
- Must have experience recruiting collegiate student athletes.
- Valid U.S. driver's license is required.
Candidate must possess a solid knowledge of running training theory. Must plan practice sessions and have the necessary skills to train the team. Will aid in recruitment and off-season work-out program. Running experience at the collegiate level is preferred. The Head Cross Country coach will report directly to the Director of Athletics. This person will also be responsible for carrying out all activities necessary to accomplish the objectives of this sport within the guidelines of the NCAA Division III and the New England Collegiate Conference.
Salary Grade 24: $35,694.71 - $49,258.89
Please include a cover letter, CV/ resume, and contact information for three references.
Lesley University is committed to recruiting and employing qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Lesley University - 23 months ago