Lesley University, an NCAA Division III institution encourages applicants to apply for the Head Men’s Volleyball Coaching position. The candidate must possess a solid knowledge of player development. This position is responsible for the coaching and supervision of the Lesley Men’s Volleyball team, recruiting, academic progress, community service, and travel. This person works under the direction of the Lesley University Athletics Director. Practices and matches are generally at night and at off-campus facilities. Night and weekend hours are required. The coach will be responsible for coaching during the traditional season in the spring and the non-traditional season in the fall. He/she will also be responsible for carrying out all activities necessary to accomplish the objectives of this sport within the guidelines of the NCAA Division III and the New England Collegiate Conference
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage the day-to-day operations of the program in both the traditional and non-traditional season.
2. Manage the training of student-athletes; assist with their development of individual skills and team concepts.
3. Plan and attend all practices, matches, conditioning sessions, and tryouts.
4. Identification, assessment, and recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
5. Work with the student-athlete academic coordinator.
6. Assist with the planning, coordination and supervision of fundraising events.
7. Provide leadership and an example of competitive but sportsmanlike conduct.
8. Manage the enforcement of team discipline and conduct.
9. Become familiar with and implement all necessary college policies, rules, regulations and guidelines as they relate to this position, including student rights and responsibilities concerning harassment of any kind and drug and alcohol use.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requirements (knowledge, abilities, education, and experience):
Bachelor's degree required.
Previous successful collegiate volleyball coaching and/or playing experience.
Working knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and New England Collegiate Conference regulations are required.
Excellent interpersonal skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Successful experience recruiting student-athletes in a college setting.
Experience developing a collegiate team practice plan.
You must have a valid U.S. driver's license.
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, applicant screening will begin immediately, and the search will continue until the position is filled.
Please include a cover letter, CV/ resume, and contact information for three references.
Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.