Employees in this classification are responsible for the planning, organization, direction, and evaluation of patient care services (primarily nursing services) within an assigned specialty or sub-specialty area in one of the ambulatory clinics. Persons in this position provide supervision and direction to subordinate nursing personnel, coordinating the nursing service with the medical services in order to provide an efficient and professional environment for optimum production in health care for the patient. Employees are also responsible for providing professional nursing care within the assigned area of work. Supervisory duties include but are not limited to interviewing applicants for vacant nursing positions and making the final selection, maintaining personnel records regarding leave time, evaluations, and personnel problems, conducting employee evaluations, approving and coordinating leave time for nursing personnel, and assisting personnel in setting work-related goals. Work is performed under usual clinic conditions.
Position Specific Qualifications:
- Provides supervision for professional nursing services to clinics of the Department;
- Develops, oversees QA/QI initiatives, reports findings;
- Develops and maintains nursing standards/performance standards;
- Provides for the educational experience of residents, students and staff;
- Maintains control of medical equipment/property necessary to conduct business in the clinics.
- BSN , 8-10 years of professional nursing experience with 2-5 years of nursing management experience preferably in an academic setting. Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated management skills, ability to exercise independent judgment. Special licenses, registration or certification. Registered Nurse licensure in Texas, CPR certification.
Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program.
Current RN license in the State of Texas or ability to obtain a Texas license.
At least four years in nursing, with at least two of those years in a supervisory capacity.
Bilingual English/Spanish to interact with primarily Spanish speaking patient population; MSN preferred.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - El Paso
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
2/3 time: Use hands to finger,handle,feel; Talk or hear; Taste or smell.
Weight to be lifted or force be exerted
Lift up to 10 pounds-Under 1/3 of time
Lift up to 25 pounds-Under 1/3 of time
Lift more than 100 pounds-1/3 to 2/3 of time
Exposure to the following environmental conditions
< 1/3 of time: Work moving mechanical parts; Fumes or airborne particles; Toxic or caustic chemicals; Work with explosives; Risk of radiation.
Hourly Pay Range
24.04 - 41.35
Monthly Pay Range
4166.67 - 7166.67
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity employers and are in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, Texas Commission on Human Rights Act (Texas Labor Code, Chapter 21), Americans with Disabilities Act as amended, and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Texas Tech University - 11 months ago