BCFS has nearly 70 years of experience caring for and empowering at-risk populations worldwide. It is because of our experience and passion for 'doing what is right' that government agencies, foundations and private business have called on BCFS subject matter experts to create programs, deliver services and fill voids in health and human service infrastructure. We currently have a surge of employment and would love to have caring individuals join our exciting team.
Position: Family Specialist (Case Manager II)
Assignment: Head Start
Reports to: Family and Community Services Coordinator, Head Start
Status: Exempt - Full Time
Education: Bachelors degree in Early Childhood, Bachelors degree in Social work, or related Human services field. Bi-lingual a plus. MA preferred.
Experience: 3 – 5 years case management or family service experience.
Critical Action Items:
Conduct home visits, interview families to assess their needs, plan and develop with the parents an individual family plan.
Responsible to provide emergency assistance and crisis intervention for families
Participate in the recruitment and enrollment of children for the Head Start Program.
Act as an advocate for families and children.
Communicates regularly with other program coordinators, teachers and program director on student successes and concerns.
Completes all assignments by set deadlines.
Ensure familys needs are being met.
Communicates regularly with parents/guardians on student successes and concerns.
Ensure all documents and program files are compliant with OHS and DFPS standards.
All files must be maintained neat and orderly and confidentiality of file information must be maintained.
The family Specialists responsibilities chiefly fall within the following core functions, although s/he may perform other tasks as needed.
Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment
Family Partnership Building
General Staff Responsibilities
Will do other duties as assigned by the Program Director, Associate Executive Director, and/or the Executive Director.
Ability to work under minimum supervision. Exercises patience, initiative and confidentiality.
Responsible to collaborate with other managers
Responsible to model appropriate behavior, demonstrating a positive, professional attitude
Responsible to model professionalism in appropriate attire and appearance
Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in supporting Agency goals/mission
Will attend required/related training as assigned
Ability to establish and maintain successful professional and working relationships with staff, children, parents, members of other agencies and the community. 9. Must organize, direct and integrate all case management components.
10. Must maintain confidentiality.
11. Must be able to serve and effectively communicate, to the extent feasible, with children and families with no or limited English proficiency.
12. Must have knowledge and experience in child development and early childhood education, the principles of child health, safety, and nutrition; adult learning principles; and family dynamics.
13. Report suspected child abuse/neglect to administrator and law enforcement agency.
14. Abide by all BCFS policies and procedures.
15. Abide by DFPS and OHS regulations and standards.
16. Work as a team player.
17. Experience and training related to social, human or family services.
18. Experience, training, and skills in assisting the parents of young children in advocating and decision-making for their families. Ability to develop positive relationships with children and parents.
19. Knowledge of community based organizations preferred.
20. Ability to effectively communicate through verbal and written form in Spanish and English.
21. Computer literacy in email, word processing and internet navigation.
22. Work flexible hours to meet the needs of the families.
23. Participates in required professional development activities to enhance skills.
24. Pass physical examination, background check, and fingerprinting screen.
25. Able to lift a child weighing 40 pounds, 20 times a day if needed.
26. Maintain certification in CPR and First Aid. null
- 20 months ago - save job