The primary role of the Head Teller is to direct the activities of the teller personnel engaged in the processing of customer transactions, the maintenance and control of vault cash as well as performing the duties of a teller. In addition, the Head Teller will be the operational expert, responsible for overseeing the efficient operations of the teller line while ensuring that all branch functions, policies and procedures are being upheld throughout the branch.
Additionally, within the Evans branch system the retail staff must demonstrate a strong commitment to the Evans Core Values and Customer Service Standards. Provide superior service and an outstanding banking experience for each customer that is serviced at the branch.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the overall smooth and efficient operations of the teller line.
- Upholds all bank policies, procedures and banking regulations. Effectively communicates them and any changes to teller personnel.
- Maintains main vault cash, checks and related data including cash orders and shipments to Federal Reserve and money transfers to and from tellers.
- Processes currency accurately and maintains established cash levels throughout the branch.
- Performs financial and service transactions; deposits, withdrawals, sales & redemption of US Savings Bonds, Cashier’s Checks, Money Orders, coin & currency orders, loan payments, Safe deposit entries, performs cash advances, account closings, ATM/Debit card orders, pin # changes, balancing of ATM, maintaining the cash book and completes CTR filings.
- Completes monthly branch self audit.
- Ensures the completion of all required branch reports by the deadline and in an accurate manner.
- Completes schedule for teller personnel to ensure appropriate customer service levels while staying within budget.
- Addresses exceptions/errors with employees and takes appropriate action to minimize/eliminate exceptions/errors going forward.
- Ensures the branch receives a satisfactory audit.
- Attends Head Teller meetings and communicates appropriate information from those meetings to branch staff.
- Works with Human Resources on open teller positions within branch; interviews and recommends candidates.
- Delivers teller line performance correction notices.
- Completes annual performance evaluations for teller personnel.
- Conducts regular coaching sessions with teller personnel and documents/addresses any performance shortfalls.
- Leads training sessions during staff meetings regarding operational changes.
- Participates in activities to enhance public awareness of Evans Bank in the community.
- Ensures teller staff is cross-trained to ensure maximum levels of productivity.
- Participates in financial education courses as offered by the bank.
- Ensures personal sales/referral goals are attained.
- Maintains knowledge of Evans Bank products and services to effectively refer product solutions across various business lines and achieve referral goals.
- Leads and manages overall referral performance of the teller team to achieve goal.
- Performs platform duties as needed.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of teller experience required with the proven ability to:
- Accurately and efficiently process banking transactions
- Maintain an organized vault and teller line
- Refer products and services to customers and non-customers
- Provide Customer Service Excellence
- 2-4 years of customer service experience required.
- Experience leading or managing staff preferred.
- Notary Public or ability to attain if required.
- Beginner knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to lead and mentor a staff.
- General understanding of business math skills.
- Physical ability to stand for long periods of time and ability to lift 25-50 lbs.