Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach |
- New full-time position now available. This position will begin in the fall of 2013 to recruit the team for the 2014-2015 inaugural season of Women’s Lacrosse. The Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach reports to the Athletic Director.
- Exhibit and articulate a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrate an excellent command and practical knowledge of the sport of Lacrosse.
- Be knowledgeable, support and uphold the philosophy of both Asbury University and the Asbury Athletic Department.
- Know and follow appropriate policies and guidelines of both NCAA/NAIA.
- Challenge student athletes to grow in academic progress, spiritual growth, and athletic development.
Accept other duties as assigned.
- Assume coaching responsibilities at each contest
- Publication of all practices and try-outs
- Pre-participatory physicals for each participant
- Selection of team members and support personnel team managers and statisticians
- Scheduling and regulation of team practices
- Game schedules including recognition nights
- Evaluation of athletes’ academic progress and eligibility
- Monitor student injuries and rehabilitation
- Maintenance and security of team equipment, supplies, and uniforms
- Supervision of assistant coaches and support personnel such as managers and statisticians.
- Develop recruiting plan to meet roster requirements and continued contact with prospective students.
- Assist Athletic Director with organization of summer camps and special events.
- Additional Athletic Administrative duties as assigned which may include SID responsibilities.
Education and Preferred Experience: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred. Three to five years’ successful coaching and recruiting in the sport of Lacrosse at the high school level or higher is essential.
The position requires a strong Christian commitment that is compatible with the institution’s Wesleyan heritage. Asbury University is an independent, Christian, liberal arts university in the Wesleyan-Holiness tradition and requires a Standard of Conduct for employees. Asbury University does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, or handicap in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices.
To apply , please send signed application, resume and written personal Christian testimony to the Human Resources Office. Applications can be printed from our website http://www.asbury.edu/offices/human-resources/jobs .
Posted: 3/14/2013 Deadline: Until filled