The Head of Corporate Catastrophe Management is a critical role within ACE given ACE’s global product reach and catastrophe-related writings. ACE has a strong business and risk management culture that promotes the broad and deep use of catastrophe management analytics to manage its exposures to catastrophe risk. The position will lead the ACE Group catastrophe (both natural and man-made) management function for all ACE’s product lines and across all geographies. The role reports directly to ACE’s Chief Risk Officer and Chief Actuary.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide effective technical and strategic catastrophe management support to meet business unit and corporate objectives
• Spearhead new initiatives and strategies on CAT capacity management and underwriting support to achieve optimal risk-adjusted return through portfolio optimization
• Provide deep understanding of vendor and non-vendor models including key algorithms, assumptions and limitations and independent assessments
• Lead and direct the development of proprietary analytical applications and systems
• Lead CAT risk pricing and portfolio management including reinsurance program analytics
• Influence business outcomes through effective analysis and recommendations with senior leadership
• Manage a dynamic and diverse team of direct (7-8) and indirect reports (40+ worldwide)
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
• Strong understanding of insurance and reinsurance
• Deep expertise in underwriting, modeling & systems-related catastrophe disciplines
• Strong understanding of and experience with vendor models
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate analytical and financial advanced concepts to a non-technical audience
• Minimal eight to ten years of direct catastrophe management experience within the property and casualty industry
• Strong project management skills: execution skills and an ability to effectively manage multiple complex projects. Must be able to meet deadlines of multiple deliverables.
• Dynamic leadership and people management skills to inspire and manage the team
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, graduate degree preferred
Ace Group - 2 years ago
The ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 53 countries, ACE provides...