Head of Development
CubeSmart Storage and Logistics (NYSE: CUBE) seeks a creative and accomplished commercial real estate professional to organize, staff, and lead our Development function. CubeSmart is a self-administered and self-managed real estate company focused on the ownership, operation, acquisition, and development of self-storage facilities in the United States. Based in suburban Philadelphia, this newly created role is essential as we continue in our record growth pattern. This is a demanding, multi-tasking position with a national self-storage leader and offers tremendous personal growth opportunities and executive exposure.
The primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Achieve annual production goals for development and redevelopment/facility expansion
- Organize, staff, and oversee Development department functions
- Direct the origination, underwriting, and closing support of self-storage development sites, buildings for conversion to self-storage, and expansion or redevelopment of currently owned facilities
- Oversee purchase negotiations, due diligence, partner/lender communications, closing support, and all other aspects of buying and development sites and properties for expansion
- Establish negotiating, site selection, underwriting and due diligence protocols including, but not limited to, those pertaining to site acceptability, contracts and letters of intent, financial and market due diligence, environmental review, title and survey, procurement of entitlements, etc.
- Guide presentations of investment opportunities to lenders and joint venture partners
- With President, establish annual production objectives, identify investment markets, and recognize financial underwriting parameters
An ideal professional will possess:
- Fifteen-plus years’ of progressively responsible experience in two or more of the following:
- Site selection and procurement (national, multi-site retailer highly desirable)
- Development and construction
- Commercial real estate brokerage
- Real estate law
- Real estate investment analysis
- Expertise in entitlement processes, title, survey, and environmental review, and closing real estate transactions
- Success leading teams of real estate professionals, lawyers, or brokers
- Background in ground-up development, conversions, assemblages, and redevelopment is advantageous
- Experience in major markets is important, with an emphasis on the New York City and Washington, D.C. areas desirable.
- Further, exceptional due diligence, communication, and people management skills are essential
Interested professionals may reply in confidence with their resumes and statements of how each complies with the foregoing qualities and experience to:
Phil Schadler, Senior Corporate Recruiter
CubeSmart - 20 months ago
CubeSmart reinvents self-storage!
It's time for self-storage to get smart.CubeSmart (NYSE:CUBE) is reinventing storage and raising the...