About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com) has a presence in 80 countries with nearly 200,000 employees, including more than 150,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Investment Banking and Investment Solutions activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia-Pacific.
The Head of Fixed Income Listed Derivatives will be responsible for promoting and developing the listed derivatives platform covering execution capabilities. The primary responsibilities will be as follows:
1. Management of the team providing voice and electronic execution services to FI trading and voice execution to external customers.
2. Contribution to product development set up.
- Optimizing the team structure and operational processes to provide exemplary service and promote the services of the desk.
- Responsibility of the in house electronic platform’s suitability to its function, and that controls on its use are in place and respected.
- Building out the product offering to external customers and shaping the desk accordingly
- Expanding the voice product offering to capture client needs, working closely with Head of Sales and trading to tailor a quality service and offering
3. Day to day client management.
- Interfacing with users to coordinate business requirements.
- Identification of product gap and clarification of high level business requirements.
- Responsible for the relationships with the various exchanges.
- Responsible for relationship and alliance with Chicago pit trading teams
- Close liaison with various teams taking part in DODD frank and regulatory framework working groups
- Use experience and expertise to prepare the desk for regulatory changes
- Taking part or allocating a resource to various projects including new exchanges and systems management
4. Staff management.
- Ensure the business is run within BNP P internal rules/ regulatory environment.
- Ensure any operational risk is mitigated, and measures are reviewed periodically.
- Statistics of client flows and desk p/l via weekly reports.
- Work closely with various sales teams promoting cross selling and product support.
- Checking trade tickets and approval of official trade blotters
- Approving and organising desk vacation and overseas cover if necessary
- Management of dealing team in New York
- Ensure dealing teams provide best execution and promote cost savings.
- Responsible for reporting risks, error events to management.
- Ensure communication/cooperation with other dealing desks across the 3 regions.
- Responsible for headcount hire and team restructuring.
- Strong dealer management.
- 10+ years of experience managing a regional Listed Derivatives desk.
- Strong experience in Listed Derivatives execution.
- Extensive and proven trade idea recommendation
- Extensive industry knowledge
- Well founded relationships across BNPP FI and wider, with mutual regard for expertise.
- Product leader.
- History of teamwork on a global scale, interacting with other regional heads.
- Experience working in a similar role Asia or Europe advantageous.
- A proven book of transferable Agency customer business with a least $3MM annual turnover.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and personal credibility within BNP Paribas and understands how their client needs/ requirements can be incorporated into the delivery of our services.
- Ability to diversify team, improve quality of service and team morale.
- Must have an in depth knowledge of the changing regulatory environment in both the US and Europe and the skills to adjust the business accordingly.
to the Global Head of FI Listed Derivative Execution
Various regulatory exams required
Full FSA, Series 7, Series 3, Series 63, Eurex (Series 24 and Series 30 advantageous)
CIB - Fixed Income
Bachelor Degree / BSc Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
BGL BNP PARIBAS - 24 months ago
One of Europe's largest banks, BNP Paribas operates about 7,300 branches in more than 80 countries across Europe, North America,...