A Kansas City based fund administration company has an exciting opportunity for an experienced executive. The ideal candidate will head all fund accounting and administration operations for the firm. This senior level position reports directly to our Chief Operating Officer.
Candidate to possess understanding of all aspects of the mutual fund industry with a focus on Regulated Investment Company tax (“RIC Tax”) and fund accounting and administration. Strong analytical skills and the ability to multi task are essential for this position.
- Solid client facing relationship skills.
- Asset diversification, gross income tests and RIC distribution requirements.
- Oversight of all the tax disclosures, provisions and returns associated with financial reporting.
- Preparation and oversight of all mutual fund year end shareholder reporting.
- Reconcile between the Excise and Subchapter M.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual dividend process.
- Familiarity with Subchapter M of the Internal Revenue Code, Investment Company Audit Guide including GAAP,1940 Act and Regulation SX.
- Daily cash management including cash reconciliations and booking all cash activity to accounting system
- Maintaining various tracking spreadsheets for private equity investments, cash receipts, audited financial statements and Schedule K-1's
- Assisting with the preparation of audited financial statements and worksheets, as well as year end tax work.
- Knowledge of various fund administration functions to include: fund and adviser expense invoicing and processing, custody reconciliation, board book preparation, among others.
Relevant fund accounting and financial reporting experience
Excellent written and oral communication skills including board level exposure and strong analytical skills
Alternative investment and UIT experience a plus
Ideal candidate would possess significant institutional experience with a desire for a boutique atmosphere where they could have an immediate and direct impact on the firm and their clients.