Primary responsibility for planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of a robust information technology platform supporting the Library's mission. Responsible for administration of Library Information Technology Department, supervision of department, library technology budgets and purchases .
-At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in information technology management and supervision of staff;
- Extensive IT administration and management experience in academic libraries, and on a diverse variety of IT platforms;
- Extensive experience with integrated library systems, networking, server management and the programming essential to a technologically robust academic library;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate technical communication among a variety of stakeholders;
- Demonstrated success in collaborative project management in applying innovative technologies to enhance library services;
- Enthusiasm and deep understanding of the role and possibilities of technology in the teaching, learning, and research pursuits of a medium-sized university.
- ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS Master's degree;
- Broad range of experience and expertise in a wide variety of library technologies including: operating systems, web design and management, scripting, enterprise databases, content management systems, digital asset repositories design and management;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare successful grant proposals for technology projects;