the leading course materials management platform, lowers the cost of education by providing colleges and universities with much needed tools to manage the rapidly changing world of course materials on campus. To learn more visit www.rafter.com and watch our video. Rafter evolved from BookRenter.com, the first online textbook rental site, launched in 2008 with a mission to make education more affordable by allowing students to rent textbooks for up to 80% off the retail price. Rafter is one of the few private ed tech companies that is truly lowering the cost of higher education for students. By working directly with more than 300 schools to turn the painful and archaic process of managing course materials into a low cost, student-centric service,
Rafter has saved students more than $300m
. By taking an enterprise approach to course materials management, the Rafter Course Materials Network takes a more holistic approach that provides colleges and universities with a path to discover, adopt, distribute and manage physical and digital course materials.
Head of People
The Head of People will be responsible for the strategic human resource planning to provide the company with the best people talent available and to position the company as the Employer of Choice by being aware of policies, practices and trends within the technology industry, newly public companies and all of industry in general. The Head of People is responsible for directing all of the people functions of the corporation in accordance with the policies and practices of the Corporation, the ethical and social consciences of business and society and the laws, regulations and administrative rulings of governmental organizations and other regulatory and advisory authorities and organizations.
We need an experienced leader and human resource executive with appropriate industry experience, preferably in the technology field, who understands how to grow an organization and adapt to constant change. An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image. A strategic planner with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus. A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a strong “influence manager” and a team player. An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills. A good educator, orator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor. An excellent facilitator who is experienced in resolving conflicts between different parties. A decisive individual who possesses a strategic focus as well as an analytical-approach to business, strong implementation and detail oriented perspective. Diverse experiences in managing a range of administrative areas of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the corporation.
- Manage other areas such as relocation, employee communication, employee safety and health and community relations.
- Manage the budget and other financial measures of the Human Resources Department.
- Continue improving the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of the organization.
- Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Maintain knowledge of state and national HR policies, programs, laws and issues. Understand the differences of state and national policies and programs and coordinate the integration of all such programs.
- Develop programs to allow the corporation to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance and to provide programs which utilize an employee and company partnership for the short and long-range health and welfare protection of the employees.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization with management and the employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Develop appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the corporation. Included in this area but not limited only to the following would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development.
- Bachelor degree and/or relevant experience required
- At least 10 to 15 years’ Human Resources experience and/or training and demonstrated competence across multiple HR functional areas.
- Demonstrated success influencing senior executives.
- Critical thinker with success in working in a dynamic and unstructured environment.
This position offers competitive salary, benefits, and the chance to improve the lives of millions of students.
Rafter - 6 months ago