If you like to move fast and make things happen, keep reading! YP is seeking an experienced Pricing Leader with strategic and operational responsibilities in our Atlanta headquarters. The role oversees a geographically dispersed staff and is based in Atlanta, GA.
This leader drives the development, recommendation and implementation of Pricing strategies and activities to support the success of the Company. S/he will provide strategic and tactical leadership as well as best practices across the organization, including setting all list rates and devising and implementing all discounts and offers for all products (print and digital), in all channels (local and national), for all regions of YP. These prices and programs are set with the clear goals of revenue growth and profit maximization.
• Providing Pricing perspective to business decisions, and advising on Pricing strategy, organization structure and talent review/planning.
• Providing strategic and tactical planning & implementation of Pricing changes, including communication plans relating to the changes.
• Using company value data (clicks, calls, churn, etc) to ensure that rates for all products are aligned with value delivered.
• Proactively structure offers and discounts that aid in price/ value alignment and that drive revenue/ customer retention, profit, etc.
• Identify opportunities to adjust rate to drive revenue growth, using data as the foundation.
• Price new products and services as necessary.
• Maintain profitability model and use to manage customer profitability and assess ‘deals’ requested by Sales.
• Accountable for Pricing process, outcomes and metrics.
• Interface with sales in all regions and all channels (local and national) in a reciprocal manner to both push out new offers and prices, as well as receive sales requests and questions on pricing.
• Of primary importance is delivering key value data and comparative metrics to sales GM’s to help identify opportunities at the market level.
• Responsible for all aspects of the local pay per call offering including revenue and margin growth. This includes product management, customer care and retention, reporting, sales and systems maintenance and issue resolution.
• Also responsible for financial aspects of National Pay per call (budgeting, forecasting), pricing, and deal evaluation.
• Ensure that all rates and incentives are loaded into appropriate systems in a timely and accurate manner.
• Handle ad hoc requests, questions, and error resolution in a timely manner to enable sales activity.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business; a MBA is strongly preferred.
• Approximately ten (10) years of business leadership experience -- preferably leading a pricing & analytics function.
• Track record of pricing strategy and price setting, with heavy analytical capability
• Breadth of pricing experience across sectors, with advertising and media products a plus
• Deep experience in dealing with F2F B2B salesforce pricing
• Experience in pricing bundles and in product lifecycle pricing
• Work well with salesforces in training and driving price improvement
• Managing pricing across sales channels (e.g., F2F Reps, Telesales, self-service)
• Deep knowledge of pricing systems and management
• Ability to drive metrics based approach to price management
• Must have strong communication skills and an ability to work within a complex environment across all levels and geographies.
• Must be comfortable with ambiguity and able to maintain a strong results focus in the context of a high change environment.
• Must embrace technology – a demonstrated ability to think creatively and current on the use of technology and ways to leverage technology.
• Strong analytical skills and detail orientation; experience using data to measure results, help leaders and associates drive towards key outcomes, and to gain better insight on key strategies.
• Must be able to demonstrate and maintain the highest standards of confidentiality as well as ethical and values-based behavior.
Certain intangibles of the role include;
• a high level of personal leadership, "EQ" and intellect accompanied by persistence and determination
• flexible and resourceful with strong listening skills and resilience.
• highly articulate, with professional presence and high energy.
• inspire, energize and motivate staff.
• track record of building excellent relationships at the highest level
• command respect both with internal and external clients.
If this is you and you would like the opportunity to transform business communication with consumers, please apply. Learn more about YP careers and talent community at http://jobs.yp.com
YP is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Yellow Pages Group is a leading digital company in Canada. The Company serves over 300,000 local businesses through its nationwide sales...