Rentals is one of the fastest growing lines of business within Trulia and we are looking for a product manager (PM) to lead our consumer product. Trulia has a clear vision of the future of the rentals market and the PM’s primary responsibility will be to shape the development of the rentals product against that vision.
Our team is focused on building the best possible experience for renters and real-estate professionals alike. At Trulia, Product Managers are responsible for anticipating the needs of these two groups of users and translating them into amazing online experiences. Your responsibilities will include defining the product vision and strategy, and working with world-class engineers and members of cross-functional teams to execute on that vision. You will come up with creative product ideas, clearly articulate use cases that will be solved with those ideas, and deliver product launches in a rapid, iterative environment. In this role, you will have freedom and ownership to turn your ideas into great products that impact millions of users.
- Understand, analyze and anticipate customer needs
- Extensively use analytics to build a product road map and inform prioritization decisions
- Work closely with engineering to understand technical trade-offs and shape feature and product decisions
- Coordinate with design, marketing, business development, and customer support throughout the product lifecycle
- Help define product vision and future direction for your cross-functional team
- Help shape the direction of the overall rentals business as a key part of the management team
- 3-5 years experience in product development for a heavily trafficked, consumer internet company
- Strong technical and analytical skills, including experience with web-based reporting tools (e.g. Omniture, Google Analytics, etc.) and SQL
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to provide UI/UX direction in the form of wire frames
- Experience in coordinating multiple time sensitive projects and activities simultaneously
- Experience managing product development process from conception through launch and iteration
Startup experience strongly preferred
- BS/BA in a technical field required, with some software development background
WHY YOU’LL ENJOY WORKING AT TRULIA
- Trulia’s product managers and engineers are passionate and smart. We have a lot of leeway on how we do our work, and take that responsibility seriously
- We’re not afraid to try things that may not work
- We are serious about agile development practices, and use them to work more efficiently and effectively
- We work out of a gorgeous office in an unbeatable location in downtown San Francisco; one block from BART/Muni
- We’ve got a stocked kitchen, and a kegerator
Trulia - 15 months ago
Trulia’s close-knit teams of energized & happy brainiacs creatively help people make smarter real estate decisions. This is an...