Are you obsessed with great user experience, and tireless in your pursuit to delight customers? Are you adept at applying both qualitative and quantitative approaches to understand customer’s needs? Do you like to geek-out over web-analytics? Do you have an eye for design, balancing the need for functionality with an appreciation for ‘less-is-more’ simplicity? Are you a juggler…able to keep multiple balls in the air and work fluidly with techy engineers, creative designers, and quantitative marketers? Are you fired up to build an online and offline product that will transform the transportation industry?
If this sounds like you, then make a move; join Wheelz as the Head of Product,
We are looking for an innovator, someone who will drive the product vision, planning and execution of our multi-dimensional offering (mobile – web – physical). This position reports directly to the CEO.
- Spearhead the overall product roadmap across all platforms – web, mobile, in-car -- with input from all key internal and external stakeholders
- Be the primary voice of the customer within Wheelz, employing a range of qualitative (user discovery research, focus groups, usability studies, etc.) and quantitative (surveys, web/mobile analytics, market research, etc) methods to better understand our users’ needs
- Lead the development of new product offerings, working with cross-functional teams comprised of both internal and external resources
- Evangelize the product vision and communicate product benefits to customers, partners and internal teams
- Develop product positioning and competitive differentiation messages, and support marketing in creation of external marketing messages.
- Evaluate product performance and utility of features with qualitative and quantitative customer input
It’s extra credit if you have…
- 5+ years product experience, pioneering and building new products within fast-paced, resource-constrained, start-up environments
- Outstanding creativity, drive and great empathy for the customer experience
- Broad set of product strategy capabilities – and an ability to seamlessly blend management, technical, creative, business and marketing skills
- Capacity to think strategically, and an ability to understand how product decision are tied to key business drivers
- A team-based orientation, and an enthusiasm for working with cross functional teams to deliver results on tight timelines
- Strong quantitative capabilities, and experience using web/mobile analytics platforms to understand product usability.
- Experience segmenting markets, interpreting market research data, commissioning market research, leading focus groups and distilling requirements from the data and management input
- Excellent written, oral, and visual communication skills
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, business, marketing, economics – or related area
Wheelz ( www.wheelz.com ) is a venture backed start-up that is introducing a better approach to personal transportation and car ownership.
- Product Management experience in mobile, gaming, and/or social media
- Experience working in or with product design firm (e.g. Ideo, Frog Design)
- An MBA
The Wheelz platform provides a compelling economic opportunity for car owners to securely lease their vehicles on an hourly or daily basis, and a convenient and affordable personal transportation solution for those who don’t own a car.
Cars are the second largest personal asset class on the American balance sheet. They are chronically under-utilized -- most vehicles are parked 23 of 24 hours daily --; and they begin losing value the minute they drive off the lot. The current model – high-value, rapidly depreciating, poorly utilized – of car ownership is busted.
We’re introducing a more efficient way of doing things, a way that is more responsible for the planet and the pocketbook.
Wheelz - 15 months ago
Wheelz is a car sharing marketplace that connects you with people in your community that share their car on an hourly or daily basis. We mak...