The Head of Total Rewards is a mission critical role for Atlassian. This individual will be responsible for helping our leaders define a market forward, truly innovative rewards strategy that will enable us to attract, motivate, and retain the amazing talent needed to achieve our impressive growth and innovation agenda.
This position is part of the HR Leadership Team and reports directly to our Chief People Officer and is responsible for all of it!- from creative design to flawless implementation of cash compensation programs (base and incentive), equity, and benefits (traditional and non traditional) on a global basis.
This leader will play a key role in the design of our performance review process as well as serve as the lead architect of various recognition programs at Atlassian as we reinforce our unique culture and drive both individual and company outperformance.
The Head of Total Rewards will be responsible, in partnership with the Chief People Officer, for our Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors and as such will have significant visibility and influence over the company’s success.
SO…. If you have the technical depth in compensation and benefits along with a thirst for creativity and a desire to truly innovate combined with a practical business results driven mindset and you want to be part of a one-of-a-kind people centric growth organization and a cutting edge HR team then this may be the opportunity for you.
- Build the first ever total rewards strategy at Atlassian – this will serve as the core of our people brand yet to be built
- Get us ready!- pre IPO analysis of all programs, identify action plans and execute with speed
- Assess our cash compensation practices to Market and recommend the path forward- we want the best talent AND will fit a P&L cost model that’s unique
- Review our benefits offerings- What’s missing that people truly want? How do we WOW with benefits?
- Lead the path forward on equity – ownership levels, dilution rates, options? RSUs? Performance-based grants?
- Create a 401k Committee and lead it for Atlassian
- Manage our vendor footprint in the benefits and comp consultant space- love’em or change’em
- Create a job level and title system that is non bureaucratic, easy to administer and actually a business value add setup
- Speak like a real person – create program materials and communicate to our people in a positive and empowering way without sounding like a bunch of HR geek speak.
- Be the Comp Guru- Guide our leaders through individual decisions
- Support M&A – from due diligence to integration on the total rewards stuff
- Get Dirty- execute the small stuff from individual benefits issues to benchmarking jobs to putting on equity seminars. We are all doers @ Atlassian.
The ideal leader for this position will have the intellectual horsepower to drive strategy and the roll up your sleeves orientation to design programs and execute the basics as well – all with heart, humor, and a bias for speed
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years progressive experience in the compensation and benefits arena
- Strong track record of designing and administering creative impactful total reward programs that drive business results
- Knowledge of cutting edge market trends and a solid understanding of global regulations
- Experience with public company reporting, like proxy statements, equity programs, benefits compliance, etc.
- The ability to collaborate with, influence, and inspire Leadership to the front line Atlassian
- The ability to both think strategically, design practical solutions, and roll up your sleeves and execute in a lean environment
- Public Board or IPO experience a plus but not a requirement
- Superior analytical skills, an agile thinker, and fun to work with!
- Business acumen- thinks P&L first, HR PHD last
- BA in Business, Human Resources, Finance or equivalent.
Your Dream Job
Atlassian was named one of the "2010 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work for in America," and is a terrific place to work. Great products and a fantastic reputation in business and tech have brought in over 23,000 enterprise customers globally, including NASA, Sony, and the United Nations. With offices in Sydney, San Francisco and Amsterdam we are growing fast and full of opportunities. Check out this blog to see how Atlassian is revolutionizing the world of recruiting and HR.
We are building a different kind of software company: one that listens to client needs, values innovation and solves customer problems with brilliant simplicity. At Atlassian, you'll have a direct impact on millions of users, fast! You won't get frustrated with bureaucracy or slow decision making, because we encourage innovative thinking. We don't just want to know your opinions, we want to see your ideas in action. We hire great people and then trust them to be great.
Love Going to Work?
We live our values and we value our people. You will work in an open-plan office filled with lots of natural light and a customized, ergonomic work station. Our culture is vibrant and unique; our office is open, collaborative and playful. Maybe you'd like to participate in a lunchtime basketball game? Or would you rather head out for some rock climbing? If hunger strikes, head to the kitchen for drinks, fresh fruit, snacks and more. We know that people work harder when they play hard too, so it's your choice how you'll make Atlassian a great place for you to work.
In addition to some killer perks, Atlassian offers excellent health benefits for employees and dependents, ample time off, 401(k), life insurance, huge referral bonuses, friendly coworkers, and a clear vision driven by pure intentions. Check out a short video created by Atlassian staff on our values.
" I love that Atlassians are killer smart, have amazing ideas that they love to share, . . . challenge the status quo on a daily basis, and are dedicated to making Atlassian the best place to work ever ." - Julie Rogers, Talent Team
Atlassian - 2 years ago