The Head of Web Development is responsible and accountable for managing and developing a team of people, setting direction and deploying resources on varying projects, participating in organization-wide projects, while providing guidance and expertise on an as needed basis. The incumbent is required to understand how other business units operate, how their goals align with organizational goals and have budget and profit/loss responsibility. |
Typical Job Functions:
- Provides leadership and direction through team members.
- Oversees the performance and results of diverse teams, disciplines, or departments.
- Executes the organizational strategy set by top management, clarifying expectations for team members.
- Develops and oversees the execution of functional/departmental strategy to achieve key business/organizational objectives.
- Oversees and at times manages the development and execution of functional projects.
- Serves as the primary contact for leadership, internally and externally and leads the vendor selection process for business unit and/or organizational initiatives.
- Interacts regularly with top management to communicate status and provide reports on the performance of the business unit/function.
- Drives cost-savings and risk mitigation strategies and reviews business unit or function
- 's performance data (financial, sales, activity reports, etc. to monitor and measure productivity, goal progress and activity levels). Assists in growing the organization globally through awareness and application of global trends and markets in one's business unit. Coaches and inspires lower level managers to achieve better performance. Motivates, develops, recruits and retains employees while rewarding and cultivating a culture of high performing teams. Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to help define cloud computing best practices and design principles. Be a SME and help establish a Center of Excellence for Cloud Computing. Expertise in cloud implementations and SaaS architecture. Cloud concepts, Web Services and API's (Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, Microsoft Azure).
- Deploying and administering Java and/or .NET-based Cloud solutions.
- High availability, scalability and performance optimization (e.g. distributed deployments, HTTP traffic Load balancing, content caching, database replication).
- Identity and access management (Active Directory, LDAP, IDM).
- Experience in cloud based setups and tools, preferably Amazon EC2.
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline; specialized second degree or MBA is a plus or equivalent working experience.
- Experience Required: At least 10 years of experience in relevant discipline.
- Prior management experience is required.
This is a regular full time position located in Marlborough, MA with regular travel required. Desired start date is as soon as possible. As the selection and interview process is ongoing, please submit your application as soon as possible.
The NASDAQ OMX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
See Job Description