Summary of essential job functions
- Lead west coast proxy voting research, including high-profile shareholder meetings and issues of particular interest to west coast clients. Become resident expert, internally and externally, on US companies which represent key investments for our west coast clients.
- Work collaboratively with sales and other client-facing groups on engagement with clients and other institutional investors assist in developing market vision and strategy for the global research team; engage with the corporate governance community.
- Develop broad expertise in corporate governance, investment and shareholder issues through fundamental research and engagement with company executives, institutional investors, and various organizations and government/regulatory/listing authorities.
- Develop relationships with and represent research in engagements with key west coast clients and prospects.
- Lead and operate within a matrix structure of global research leaders.
- Assist in the analysis of shareholder meetings for west coast companies. Review and/or revise analyses in collaboration with broader research team.
- Lead meetings and conference calls with corporations and shareholders to discuss high profile and contentious issues, as well as trends and results for west coast market.
- Monitor and track the market to keep apprised of high profile issues and developing trends.
- Partner with sales team to actively support marketing, selling, servicing and renewal of proxy voting research, with the objective to grow ISS business significantly.
- Be the voice of ISS west coast region, working closely with marketing and participating actively in public speaking and other engagement activities
- Advanced degree (MBA, JD) preferred
- 10+ years experience in financial services, consulting, advisory or legal work
- Experience in or knowledge of corporate governance and proxy voting issues
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Understanding of financial modeling and valuation, transactional and legal issues
- Leadership skills in developing teams and collaborating across business lines
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including client relationships
- Ability to work within a team oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail; ability to prioritize
- Ability to deliver multiple tasks on time with quality *LI-SC1
MSCI - 22 months ago