Suddenlink Communications™ a top-10 U.S. cable broadband provider, is looking for a Headend Technician , for our Daingerfield, TX system. Candidates need to live or be willing to relocate to the Brenham area may also and or be willing to live / relocate in the Lake Livingston area..
If you are looking for a company who values Honesty, Integrity, Family First, Creativity, Customer Service, Positive Attitude, Excellence, Pride, Knowledge, Skills, Corporate Citizenship and Care for Others, then you have found it. We conduct business according to the highest ethical principles.
This position can work out of any Central Region office in the area.
Under minimal supervision the Suddenlink Headend Technician I constructs installs, operates, repairs, and maintains headend components. Monitors reception and distribution of off-air, satellite, microwave, studio feed, transport feed, and locally-originated programming to the network utilizing coaxial cable, microwave and fiber optic transmission technologies.
• Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding Suddenlink’s values
• Installs, maintains, provisions, checks and adjusts headend equipment including CATV, high-speed data communications, networking, and other equipment (specifics may vary by specialty)
• Performs routine checks of RF levels and headend alignment
• Performs status monitoring of RF and data performance and reports and/or repairs discrepancies
• Verifies video and audio levels for satellite and stereo processing equipment
• Monitors commercial insertion equipment for performance as needed
• Assists the supervisor with work flow, training, quality assurance and providing support and direction to other technicians
• Ensures transmission and distribution equipment and active cable plant meet Suddenlink, franchise and FCC standards
• Analyzes and troubleshoot problems for quick resolution in collaboration with network operations center
• Maintains accurate inventory of headend network elements within element manager database
• Measures network performance and diagnose network problems using measurement and diagnostic tools and methods
• Ensures installation, documentation and turn-up of circuits and equipment conform to engineering standards
• Reads and comprehends system maps, plans, and other visuals related to communications service
• Assists with maintenance of required logs, records, drawings and other documentation
• Works with technicians to successfully activate new customers
• Performs standby and other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Ability to effectively communicate in person, writing, and by telephone
• Hand and finger dexterity to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
• Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus; ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
• Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approximately 28 feet high, and 75 pounds)
• Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks, and climbing belt as needed
• Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics by crawling, bending, reaching, twisting
• Ability to work while standing 50-70% of the time
• Ability to drive Suddenlink vehicle in a safe and responsible manner and exemplifies the ability to maintain a safe driving record
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Associate degree in computer science, telecommunications or related field or two (2) years formal electronics training preferred
• NCTI and/or SCTE courses, BICS preferred.
• Knowledge and application of advanced mathematics and electronics
• Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations regarding cable television and familiarity with the National Electric Safety Code
• Proficient in using a Windows-based computer, experience in Word and Excel
• Significant field experience as broadband technician or equivalent “hands on” experience with CATV, fiber optics, microwave, broadband
• Ability to comprehend and operate appropriate testing equipment (e.g. fusion splicer, MPEG analyzer) to fulfill job requirements
• Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
• Ability to work independently and with others
• Ability to mentor and assist others
• Ability to comply with all Suddenlink implemented safety procedures
• Appropriate valid driver’s license and driving record within Suddenlink standards
• Bi-lingual proficiency preferred in some locations
Suddenlink Communications offers all employees and applicants for employment equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or other protected group status.
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...