Healthcare Construction Manager Barstow, CA
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) is a national company with major offices in the Washington DC area, Atlanta, San Antonio and Honolulu. Client focus ranges from Federal, State, and local Government entities to private sector clients nationally and internationally. J.M. Waller Associates, Inc. offers environmental, engineering, construction and facility management services.
As part of a project management team, this project supports the US Army Health Facility Planning Agency (HFPA) for the construction of a $274M medical facility at Ft. Irwin, outside Barstow, CA.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Provides technical advice and medical research constructability support and information ensuring the projects meet the required standards. Reviews all RFIs, and construction contract modifications for potential impacts on: 1) the medical / medical research functionality of the building or 2) the concept of operations.
- Coordinates these issues with the facility staff to ensure the changes are implemented into the future transition processes such as training, concept of operation implementation, and movement plans.
- Coordinates any required specialized medical equipment reviews with both the facility staff and HFPA technical resources. Receives user requested engineering change proposals (ECP's), and in conjunction with subject matter experts, validates ECPs with the design concept of operations. If validated, coordinates the ECP with Corps of Engineers project representatives to assess the impacts on the construction contract.
- Assists with transition planning and execution and this integration with the construction contract and other functions required to provision and transition operations into the new facilities. Ensures all project actions and issues are documented, coordinated, tracked, and resolved. Provides administrative, operational, and managerial updates to the PgM/PM as required. Assists the project office's team with other projects as needed.
- Provides medical / research lab constructability management advice and technical support, and monitors the quality of work performed on the project; to help ensure that HFPA provides the enduser with a facility that adheres to the construction contract and the various applicable standards.
- Reviews and provides comments to government personnel on building specifications, operational and function systems, contractor submittals and schedules, and other project related documentation and plans.
- Provides technical advice on medical / research lab unique systems, applications, and functions.
- Identifies and tracks construction specific issues, ensuring they are coordinated and resolved.
- Assists government to develop, coordinate, and process project related engineering change proposals (ECPs) through the Project Manager or Program Manager to ensure valid User requirements are integrated into the projects' final end state.
- Receive, and install all of the required initial outfitting (IO) equipment and furnishings. Aids in the development of the IO budget.
Requires technical knowledge and applicability of laws, regulations, policies, methods and procedures affecting Army health facility / medical research construction.
Requires knowledge of general principles of design and construction processes and procedures.
Requires knowledge of construction trades, Request for Information (RFI) processing, submittal reviews, quality assurance, commissioning and facility punch out.
Experience in Project management; medical-functional OR research function and medical OR research building system components and their interrelationships; applicable government, industry, and accreditation standards and criteria (including space planning, life safety, antiterrorism, indoor air quality, patient privacy, sustainability, and others related to healthcare facilities); DoD and Army policies and procedures, including contracting functions, and risk management; organizations relevant to health facility operations and construction.
Must have working knowledge of the following Microsoft Office programs: Project, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, and Outlook.
BS/BA in engineering, architecture, or construction management with 5 or more years experience in healthcare and/or medical research /veterinary construction -OR - 7 or more years experience in healthcare and/or medical research /veterinary construction in lieu of a technical degree
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) offers a diverse, team-oriented working environment and the opportunity to work with exceptional dedicated professionals within the environmental, engineering, construction, logistics and facility management fields. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to take part in exciting projects with government clients, both domestic and international. Please visit our website for additional exciting career opportunities.
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) is an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business (SDVOB)